Part Three - Chapter 9

The night of their escape to Japan was blustery and cold, something that dampened Jennie's mood. They had ran across countless fields and plains, where they now halted in front of a half-metre high stone wall. Jisoo, being the reckless one of the two, wasted no time in tossing her suitcases over the wall and quickly jumping across it. The younger girl carried on jogging across the field before realising that Jennie wasn't on her heels and turned back to see her standing helplessly on the opposite side of the wall. Without a word, Jisoo hurriedly returned, throwing her suitcases back the other side before stacking them on top of each other to make steps for the heiress. Jisoo held out her hand and Jennie climbed on top of the wall gracefully, after hesitating whether to go further from this point in their journey. With the thought of Jisoo by her side no matter what the circumstances were, Jennie leapt off the wall and onto the cushioning of the soft earth below.

They ran for miles without a care in the world.  

***

Jisoo stood abruptly as the Count emerged from his room the day the madhouse doctors were due to arrive at their inn. She was standing in the doorway of Jennie's room, leaning in the door and witnessed an immediate grin spread wide across the older woman's face as she stood up from her sleeping mattress. She was barefaced and sleepy, with her hair tied in a loose braid to the side and her kimono wrapped around her curvaceous body. Jisoo decided that this was one of her favourite looks on her lover, especially as Jennie was swift in making her way over to the handmaiden and taking her into a swooping and breathless kiss. It was a desperate and brash with the Count sitting just outside the door, yet it took all of Jisoo's strength to push the addictive woman away. 

By this time, they were both hungry, starving for each other, and once their lips had met in that ravenous kiss it took all of their mental strength to stop. With a final push on her chest, Jennie relented from Jisoo's sweet lips and was left panting and slightly sexually aroused. Before leaving and shutting the door, Jisoo caressed the side of the heiress's face, reminding her of their relationship, that she wasn't pushing away because she wanted to. Jennie held her hand with both of hers, closing her eyes at the softness of Jisoo's skin under her palms. 

Jisoo shut the door before getting carried away again and Jennie let her slip between her fingers with reluctance, leaving her to watch her lover's shadow through the door panes and listen to her conversation with the Count. 

"How cruel can you be? You plucked the flower, now re-plant it." She heard Jisoo's not-so-hushed whisper.

"What do you want?" The Count sounded annoyed. 

"Hurry up and throw her into the madhouse!"

The Count made a move to stroke her face but she held off, making Jennie stifle back a laugh before it escaped her mouth. 

***

Jennie did the same thing once Jisoo was in the hands of the madhouse doctors: stifling a girlish giggle. Their plan was working, but she couldn't be the one to give it away now. 

"You scoundrel!" Jisoo shouted across the courtyard, being harshly gripped by the two nurses, "Let go of me, you filthy bitches! Miss! Miss!" 

Seeing Jisoo banished into the horrible conditions of the madhouse, as the iron gate shut with a loud clatter, brought out some sort of emotion in Jennie. She had to bite her lip in order to hold back tears. The heiress put on her white gloves and regained her character, turning back to face the Count. She wore a straight, bothered face. "I'm hungry."

*** PART THREE ***

(present)

Cutting delicately into the meat on her china plate, the heiress sat opposite the Count in an expensive, fancy restaurant. The table was designed elegantly; pristine, white tablecloth complete with a fresh set of roses and a fine, aged wine filled their crystal glasses. Jennie wore a silk white blouse that softened her shoulders and her black hair fell straight down her arms. She brought her fork to her mouth and chewed small and politely as she listened to the Count's droning voice explain his story.