Chapter Four - The Examination

(As I said in the last chapter, the recommended exam isn't the same as the original. You joined in late, and as of such makes it unable to make the exam earlier in the year. I've definitely changed up the storyline here, but the Inasa-Shoto feud still exists. Also, sorry about not being able to describe the fight scenes well, I'm currently trying to get better with those.)

  I walked into the courtyard and could've sworn I heard distant screaming and crashing.

"What the—?"

"Don't worry about that, Miss Kaneko! That's just the entrance exam!" Nezu exclaimed, cutting me off before I could cuss.

What type of entrance exam has the participants screaming bloody murder?

Shaking my head, I looked at my surroundings. The area around me was a field about the size of two football fields combined.

I stuffed my pass into my pocket and prepared to meet a pro head on.

Out of nowhere, a really tall guy with a trench coat walked up and started vomiting a grey slime substance.

I almost shrieked but then realized that it was the pro hero Ectoplasm, and he was making a clone.

"Alright, Miss Kaneko! Get prepared to fight! Ready, go!" Nezu shouted, even though I was nowhere near ready.

"SHI—!" I cut myself off, jumping away and dodging an incoming strike from the clone.

I landed in a fighting stance, legs apart slightly, arms protecting my face and stomach, and fists clenched.

-Third Person-

  Back in the waiting room, the five recommended students watched on a screen as the nimble girl dodged and swung.

  One of them, more specifically the half hot half cold quirked boy, noticed the way she moved, and how it looked almost as if it were a graceful dance.

  "Principal Nezu, if we are allowed to know, what is her Quirk?" He asked looking expectantly to the mouse-like animal. The others looked up in a shared bout of curiosity.

  "Well, Mister Todoroki, Miss Kaneko's Quirk is called Physical Enhancement," Nezu replied with a smile.

  Todoroki gave an almost non-existent pout at the lack of information, but it quickly vanished and he looked back to the screen.

She seemed to float through the air. As if friction and gravity didn't exist for her. Her movements were agile and graceful...

  Until she promptly tripped and fell flat on her face, leaving her opponent in a small state of surprise.

  She popped back up, shook her head, and used this to her advantage enhancing her fist and striking Ectoplasm's clone right between the ribs.

  He burst apart in a shower of grey slime which evaporated as soon as it hit the ground.

  "Eh, that's pretty nasty," (Y/N) pointed out.

  "Yep! And you have dirt all over your face." The principal informed her, walking back out. She immediately rubbed her face with her sleeve. "You can head back inside now. Good job!"

  The (h/c) haired girl nodded curtly and walked back to the door. When she got inside she was met with a loud,

"Todoroki Shōtō."

"Well, looks like you're up next," she spoke, as she passed by the said boy and patted him once on the shoulder. He shot a small glare at her, probably meaning something along the lines of 'Don't touch me,' and walked into the field.

-(Y/N)-

His moves were crazy good. He barely did anything and beat the double. Ice was what seemed to be his Quirk, and he used that to his complete advantage, freezing the clone in its tracks. It turned into the same gross, white sludge from before and Todoroki turned around and walked briskly back to the room.

The next person to go up was Yaoyorozu. Her Quirk was something that had to do with using her body to create objects. She pulled out a sword from her stomach (She was wearing a crop top) and took only a small amount more time than Todoroki in destroying the clone.

Third, was Honenuki who again immobilized his enemy by trapping it, but used a completely different Quirk. It looked like he turned the ground into something like quicksand, but I couldn't be sure.

Then, was Yoarashi's turn, who had a Quirk having to do with wind. Sharp slashes of the air ripped through the clone's body, slicing it into pieces.

  Finally, Tokage was last. She freaked me out but was badass as well. Her fingers flew off of her hands. Like, holy shit. They levitated around her body and shot at the double of Ectoplasm, cutting clean through, well, his ectoplasm.

  Of course, it wasn't as if the students got away without a few scrapes. The least damaged one had been Yoarashi, who, for some reason, seemed to hold a, what looked to be, newly formed grudge against Todoroki. I guess I could sympathize a bit, as the two-tone haired male had been all but kind since I'd met him.

I myself had a bloody nose, courtesy of my heroic face-plant, and a few cuts and scuffs here and there.

The next little assessment that Principal Nezu had us partake in was an obstacle course made for teamwork. The course was designed with our abilities in mind, Quirk and physical; it had multiple areas with advantages and disadvantages for each of us.

We stood along a painted line as we waited for direction.

  "Alright! So, this will consist of five obstacles. You will have to work together to get through them, but multiple ectoplasm clones will be attacking as if in a real hero vs. villain situation," Nezu calmly stated, smiling his strange, sadistic smile.

-Third Person-

Todoroki sighed in dissatisfaction. He knew he didn't need others to help him. Simply, he could just make an ice pathway fully around the course, making it to the end in less than five minutes. However, he wasn't brash enough to say that his quirk's drawback would not kick in at all.

(Y/n), on the other hand, was ecstatic to work with all of the new acquaintances that she had gained. 'All of their Quirks are so cool!' she internally squeaked.

"San.*"

"Ni.*"

"Ichi!*"

"Go!"

}{

San: Three (3)
Ni: Two (2)
Ichi: One (1)