Chapter 3: The "responsible" friend

10.06.2021:

Hey, loves! I just started a new bxb story called "The Ranking System" on Wattpad. If you like my writing style don't forget to check it and add it to your reading list 🏳️‍🌈

 If you like my writing style don't forget to check it and add it to your reading list 🏳️‍🌈

***

*Phone rings*

Jay's eyes cracked open. It was still early in the morning. He desperately patted around him to find his ringing phone. Whoever called better have a good reason to wake him up.

He found his phone and squinted his eyes when looking at the bright screen. It was his good friend, Cubs.

Jay hung up.

His face fell against his pillow and he tried to fall back asleep, but a few seconds later, his phone rang. This time, he answered.

Jay in a tired voice: Hello?

Cubs: Thanks for hanging up.

Jay: Anytime.

Cubs: Look, I need your help.

Jay: What happened?

Cubs: I lost my dog. Can you help me look for him?

Jay: Cubs, it's 5 in the morning. How did you lose your dog at this hour?

Cubs: Oh, like you never take a piss early in the morning.

Cubs sighed.

Cubs: My dog began scratching at my door, so I let him out but he never came back. My sister is going to kill me.

He paused.

Cubs: No, she's going to rip my limbs off and feed them to the crows, and then she's going to kill me.

Jay: She sounds... Lovely.

Cubs: An absolute sweetheart.

Cubs: So you'll help me, right?

Jay: Okay, I'll help you find him. But why did you call me and not anyone else?

Cubs: You're the most responsible friend I know.

Jay was about to argue but then he turned towards Blue who was sleeping beside him. Blue had spontaneously decided to bring a blanket and pillow and sleep at his place. He had been doing this since they were little kids, and it was fairly easy since they were neighbors.

Blue rolled onto his side, smacking his lips together. He shoved his hand into his pants, scratching his bum, still asleep.

Jay squeezed his temples, holding back a sigh.

Jay: I'll be there as soon as I can.