[seven] socrates

"I mean, the concept for it just doesn't make sense, am I right?"

"Sir, the only thing that doesn't make sense is you standing here trying to explain fisting to me. Are you watching a movie or not?" I cringed.

"You have to admit, the art of putting a fist up someone's asshole is just unnecessary."

"Man, what is wrong with you?"

"The real question is, what is wrong with people's obsession with a fat ass?"

"What are you even talking about-"

"Society is just so sad these days. All most people want is money and shit. Bitches with flat stomachs, a big ass, and titties are influencing-"

"If you don't get yo ass out! Who do you think you are, Socrates? Take that philosophy shit somewhere else, this is a movie theater!" Jonathan groaned.

"You shut up, fake ass thug. Niggas love acting hard like they ain't afraid of death, but everyone is. No one truly wants to die when you get down to it."

I sighed. "And I thought I was poetic. Please sir, just go home."

The man rolled his eyes. "You youngins don't appreciate wisdom-"

Jonathan cut him off with a hard shove. "Get. Out."

"So violent! And for what?" The man said from the floor.

"Bruh!" Jonathan yelled frustrated. "That shit is pissing me off now."

"An ill temper will never-"

Jonathan grabbed him by the collar and dragged him out of the theater.

A woman walked in soon after Jonathan disappeared.

"Welcome to Fliks. We don't sell anything except for the movie essentials so don't ask for anything other than that or I will have to escort you out." I smiled.

"You don't have to talk to me like I'm stupid or something." She quipped.

"It's mandatory that i-"

"Mhm. I want a ticket for Venom." She cut me off, loudly popping her gum.

"O-kayyy...."

She rolled her eyes again. Judging by her THOT ASS OUTFIT, I could tell that she THOUGHT SHE WAS THE SHIT.

"Anything else besides the ticket? Food, drinks?"

"Naw. I'm on a diet for- well you wouldn't understand." She looked me up and down, disgust written across her features.

"Whatever you say ma'am. I damn sure bet that I wouldn't." I said with a little bit of attitude. Who the hell?

I held out her ticket and she snatched it away.

"You ain't gotta be a smart ass. That's why you working this low pay ass job now." She sneered.

"Low pay is better than shaking my ass on Instagram live to pay my bills." I shrugged. I didn't care.

She laughed. "Honey, I don't shake my ass for money."

"Now, you know damn well that's a fucking lie girl." A different voice laughed. Kentrell.

"Excuse me-"

"You missing your movie. Bye." Kentrell waved her off. She scoffed, flipped her hair, and walked away mumbling bullshit.

"Hey Ken." I walked around the counter to give him a side hug.

Well, it was supposed to be a side hug but the nigga took it upon himself to yank me forward by my shoulders and engulfed me in a bear hug.

"Wassup Josiah." He joked. I pushed him off of me and groaned.

"Don't."

He winked. "I got a new job."

"That's good. Where?"

"I'm security now."

"You- hold up. What? How?"

"I was offered the job by the mall owner himself. Saw me beating a niggas ass in the parking lot the other day and was impressed. I thought I would have been fired but nope." He reached up and took my hat off of my head and put it on his.

"So, you're mall security?" I asked, moving some loose dreads from in front of my eyes. I tried to snatch my hat back, but he ducked away from my hands.

"Yuh."

"Well, that's...great." I reached for my hat again.

Kentrell smirked and smacked my hand away.

"Give me my hat." I whined.

"Nope." He brushed past me and went behind the counter. I watched him take a bag of Skittles.

"You and Tay are some thieves."

"And you the fool that let us take it." He pointed out.

"I sure am. Now can I have my hat back?"

"Why?"

"Because it's mines." I pouted.

"Well it's mines now. Where's Jonathan?" Kentrell asked, tossing a few Skittles in his mouth.

"Give me my hat and I'll tell you."

"Or you could just tell me anyways." He stepped closer.

"Give me my hat."

"Tell me."

"Nigga I ain't intimidated by you." I teased.

"You don't have to be intimidated, Jah." He got closer. I stepped back.

"I'll tell you."

Kentrell smiled. "See? That-"

"-when you give me my hat back." I crossed my arms.

"Fuck the hat."

"Aye! Kentrell!" Jonathan said from the entrance. His nose was bleeding, it wasn't like that before.

"What's up?" Kentrell nodded at him, still hovering over me. I reached for my hat and he caught my wrist.

"My bad, Jahseh. That nigga had goons. I would have got my ass whooped but somebody grandma jumped in and started to scold us about violence being useless." Jonathan laughed.

"That's okay. Please tell your boyfriend to give me my hat back and let my wrist go." I pleaded.

"Boyfriend?" They both said simultaneously. Jonathan looked confused and Kentrell's grip tightened.

"Ain't that what I said?"

"Ion know why." Jonathan said, walking away. Where was that nigga going? Does he not see me being held against my will? Plus, I'm hatless and that was making me sad.

"Now, Jahseh. When I let you go, leave the hat alone okay?" Kentrell warned.

"Okay, okay. I swear, you can keep it." I nodded.

He let me go.

"You should never trust a nigga named Jahseh." I giggled as I snatched the hat back.

"You slick fuck." Kentrell grinned.

-Jada