[eleven] three, two, one

"How the fuck you a movie theater but you don't have nachos?"

"Sir, we do have nachos but we're short on cheese."

"What the fuck? Well, why?"

"Trust me, if a certain person still worked here, you'd know by now with that attitude." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"Is that a form of a threat?"

"Nigga keep playing with me and it will be." I snapped.

"Hey, hey." Diego gently pushed me behind him. "I apologise for your discomfort, here, take your tickets on the house. Enjoy your movie."

"Thank you!" The man said, giving me a stank look before strutting away.

"Yeah, step off nigga." I muttered angrily.

"Damn, Jahseh. Why the sudden hostility? You're usually so calm."

"It's just been...harder here without Jonathan." I shrugged.

"O-oh. Ohh. I get it." Diego giggled and winked.

"Why you making that face- oh no! Diego, that's not what I meant!"

"Oh really? Then what was it? Explain." He smiled at me and leaned against the counter with a smug look.

"It's just that he usually does most of the cleaning and stuff.."

"Mhm."

"I'm serious. Cleaning up shit that looks like puke and skeet at the same time is not fun." I said, crossing my arms. "I don't like him like that, so you might as well stop grinning cause it ain't shit funny."

"Aww. It's okay, I get it. You miss your man. Plus, I miss him too, he made lots of funny jokes while we worked and now it's quiet and all so..."

"He's not my man- bye Diego. Go FaceTime your boyfriend in the back or something." I grabbed him by his shoulder and shoved him.

"Ah! Thanks for reminding me because I honestly forgot! Kimetrius would have killed me." He squealed as he hurried off to the back. I shook my head.

"My man. Tuh, yeah right." I sighed, but smiled nonetheless.

'Nigga wipe that smile off yo face.' I thought to myself.

------------------------------------------------------

"So, how's being a librarian doing you?"

"It's horrible my nigga. I either gotta stay quiet, or whisper. Unfortunately, I'm a talkative motherfucker! I like to talk!" Jonathan said with his head in his hands.

Poor guy looked pitiful in his new uniform. He was even wearing glasses, they obviously weren't prescription either.

"Well, you should have never been throwing hot cheese on niggas. Maybe you'd still have your job."

"Yeah, now instead of eyeballing Jahseh's cheeks, you gotta look at old white ladies cheeks as they purchase Meryl Streep books." Nick said, throwing his head back in laughter.

"Nigga how you know who Meryl Streep is?" Tay asked Nick.

"Why y'all assume that I was looking at Jah's ass?" Jonathan said.

"Who wouldn't?" Kentrell shrugged.

"Not gonna lie, sometimes my eyes wander." Jarad coughed.

"Me too." Nick added.

"Yeah, I agree." Tay said after Nick.

"Okay, maybe a nigga was glancing every now and then but I gotta admit, the pants they gave us to wear are kinda tight. But at the same time Jahseh is type thick so..." Jonathan scratched the back of his neck.