Under The Stars

August, 1975
The front door to the bands shared apartment swung open. Roger, John, and Freddie were all seated at the island in the small kitchen, they looked up with a quizzical expression at Brian who just entered quite eagerly. Brian treaded briskly to the other side of the island, looking at the confused boys with wide eyes.

"Everyone! I have an announcement to make," Brian stated, slamming a newspaper on the table in front of the three.

The trio nodded their heads as a sign for Brian to continue. He inhaled a deep breath and let his tense shoulders fall.

"I'm going to drive out tonight to see the constellations," He said. Roger, John, and Freddie looked muddled so the guitarist decided to explain, "I haven't gotten to drive out to look at the constellations since around college! I think it's time I do. It's summer and that's when most of them are the brightest."

None of them spoke so Freddie decided to speak up, "alright. That sounds like a good idea, we aren't busy with the studio so I think you should."

"The thing is, I feel bad just going by myself so I was wondering if any of you would like to tag along?" Brian asked them hopefully. He just wanted a friend to talk to about his interests with.

The three sitting at the table exchanged looks with each other then back to Brian.
"I've got plans, Bri. Sorry." John shrugged, his lips formed a straight small smile and his eyes showed an apologetic look.
"I'm sorry, darling. I would go but I've got to go out soon and I think I'll be home late." Freddie explained.
Brian's hazel eyes trailed down to the paper he placed earlier on the table. He felt his heart sink. He wouldn't want to go alone, it would be a lonely and boring trip.
Roger stayed quiet for awhile, thinking. His intense gaze burned into Brians skin. He finally spoke up, "I'll go with you, Bri."

Brians head shot up at the words, his brows raised and his frown turned into a genuine gleaming smile. Brian bounced up and down on his feet, "yes! We have to leave maybe an hour before though, we want to be there by 9!"

"Alright. Should I wear something sexy for our date?" Roger smirked as he joked, crossing his arms and raising an eyebrow smugly.

John and Freddie turned to look at Brian, they both chuckled at how flustered he was. Brians cheeks were tinted bright red and his eyes were staring at the drummer, clueless of what to say.

Brian cleared his throat and glanced down at the newspaper and back at Roger, "No, uh... that won't be necessary. Something casual will do. Don't dress in layers though because it'll be hot."

Brian tried to cover it up like always but John and Freddie knew... his big crush on Roger was quite obvious. And Roger was oblivious to the fact that Brian fancied him, he would refuse to believe it. But there were so many signs to prove that Brian had a major attraction to Roger. The way he messed up during practice when Roger winked at him, the way he would focus all his attention on Roger when the blond spoke, and how he tried his very best to be as close to the drummer as possible. There was so much more, It would take a series of books to name them all.

Roger nodded and stood up, "sounds good. I'll be getting ready." And with that, he left the table to stroll into his room, all eyes on him.

Once the door closed, John and Freddie's heads turned to gander from the door to Brian, who still had his eyes on the door and his mouth slightly gaping. The two exchanged looks at each other with smirks then back to Brian who was now biting his bottom lip and eyes still glued to the door.

Freddie snapped his fingers in front of Brians face, "Hey! Snap out of it, lover boy!"

The guitarist shook his head, being brought back to reality. He blinked his hazel eyes rapidly, grasping the newspaper and plodded to his room without another word. The two remaining at the table could tell he was flustered at the encounter and did not want to talk about it. Ever. Again.