Creative Writing Prompt

Prompt: Your character receives an unexpected brown paper package and a seemingly normal day is forever changed.

"Hmm?" Masami looked in confusion at the brown paper package in front of her. It had been delivered to her work with no context. A frown graced her face at the sight of her name that was messily scribbled on the package. Most people she knew would just deliver it to her in person, so, considering this package didn't even have a return address, the brown haired girl was mildly confused.

"What's the matter, Masami?" The girl's boss, Kiyoko Hinamori, looked up from the table she had been cleaning with concern showing on her face as she watched Masami inspect the package. So far, Masami couldn't see anything remotely dangerous or suspicious about it.

"D-do you know who s-sent this?" She was doubtful that Kiyoko knew anything, but there was no telling until she asked. "I-I found it at the f-front door when I a-arrived."

"At the front door, huh?" Kiyoko came over to where Masami was sitting with the package to get a closer look. "Well, it wasn't there this morning... And I don't think I ordered anything... Maybe you've got a secret admirer!"

Masami couldn't help but roll her eyes at Kiyoko's outrageous suggestion. However, anyone could tell that she had been joking. A teasing grin had manifested on the woman's face almost as soon as she made the suggestion. Though, the idea wasn't too outrageous considering the multiple confessions that she has received at school in the past. On the other hand, Masami was a bit oblivious to the fact that they were confessions. The poor boys went home distraught after asking the girl on a date. They were never completely straightforward with her, so she always thought that they were wanting to go on an after school outing with her and others in their class or grade.

"I-If it is from a secret a-admirer," Masami stuttered out in her usual demure manner as she placed the package back on the table after sniffing it. "It's a b-bit creepy. I-I'd rather have s-someone just tell me th-they like me straight out."

"Aww, I think secret admirers are cute," Kiyoko attempted to wave off the girl's worries. "Just go ahead and open it. With how much you've already inspected it, I doubt it's anything dangerous."

"I-I suppose so..." While Masami agreed, she still held a worried frown. For some reason, the package seemed to give her some strange vibes. Either way, she listened to Kiyoko's advice and began to open it.

She started slowly, only peeling a little bit of the paper at a time. Masami was just as tense when she had finally peeled back all the paper only to reveal a box. It seemed to be haphazardly sealed and took no effort to open it. However, when she finally opened the package, Masami's bright blue eyes widened immediately in both surprise and concern at the sight before her and shouted at her boss who had also grown wide eyed.

"Watch out!"

*****

507 words excluding A/N

Soooo, some of you may be confused about the whole prompt thing and why I'm using it. Well, we've basically had a few creative writing assignments in English, and we had to create a character. So, I decided to use Masami as my character. Afterwards, we were given the prompt at the top, and we had to put our character in the situation. So, yeah. This came into existence.

Finished- 9:40 pm on January 19, 2019

Bye~