Locker signs

Claires POV

Locker signs. 

A simple way cheerleaders show their support for the football team. 

But here's the thing. 

Fights. 

The girls always fight about what locker section they get. 

And it's always because of one simple person. 

"Okay that is it! Rylee and Abbie, you take the As, Eva and Hadley take the Bs, Kayla and I will take the Cs and Ds, everybody else work on wall posters" I yell. 

"Oh please, you just want the D section so you can hang Jacobs sign" Rylee says, rolling her eyes. 

"Say that again and you're off the team" I snap, making her walk away with Abbie in her tracks. 

Kayla and I start walking and hanging up the signs on the correct locker.  

"Why did you want to take the D section again?" Kayla asks. 

"Because last time I sent girls to do this section they ripped Jacobs sign fighting over it, and so everybody else had a sign besides Jacob, and that isn't fair, sure I hate the guy, but he's still apart of the team" I explain, putting tape on Jacobs sign. 

Kayla hangs it and we move on. 

"Yeah, you're right, did you hear about Rylee asking Jacob to homecoming?" Kayla asks. 

"No" I say, with a confused face.

"She says she's doing it tommarow after the game" Kayla explains. 

I roll my eyes "She's going to be rejected" 

We both laugh, while Kayla hangs the next sign up. 

"I heard about your babysitting adventures" Kayla smiles. 

Great. 

"How?" I ask. 

"Emmet" She simply says. 

"That kid can't keep his mouth shut for anything" I mumble. 

"So, did anything happen?" Kayla asks. 

"Not really, I got there, played dolls with Cassie for 30 minutes, built a fort with Cassie, watched a movie with her and Jacob, had to change out of my shirt because of my clumsy self, spent 2 hours talking with Jacob, his parents got home, he walked me home and we said goodbye" I explain. 

"What did you change into?" Kayla smirks. 

"Jacob gave me one of his hoodies" I state, sticking a sign up. 

"Aw! You two would be such a cute couple!" Kayla smiles. 

"No, Not this again, remember when you used to ship Emmet and I?" I ask. 

She smiles and we move on. 

"I think Jacob likes you, Rylee is just a distraction because he thinks you hate him, when deep down you don't" Kayla explains. 

I roll my eyes. 

Sure, I like Jacob Anderson. 

Keep dreaming kids. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Amazing Locker signs as always ladies" Emmet says, catching up with Kayla and I. 

"Thank you, thank you" Kayla smiles. 

"Did you hear about Rylee and Jacob?" Emmet asks. 

"Yes, Rylee is asking him to hoco" Kayla says.

"She already did" Emmet states. 

My mouth drops. 

"You're kidding" I laugh. 

"Nope. he said yes too" Emmet says "Which is weird because I remember him telling me he likes-" 

"Woah, Shall we not Emmet" Jacob says, slinging his arm around Emmets shoulders. 

"I wouldn't expect you to target a Sophomore" Kayla laughs. 

"Okay, Okay, sure she is a sophomore, but the girl I wanted to ask isn't even going to the dance" Jacob explains. 

"She isn't?" I ask. 

"Well I don't know actually" Jacob explains. 

I laugh "Wow, classy" 

Jacob pretends to toss his hair "I know" 

"Have fun at that lame dance" Emmet says. 

"You aren't going?" Jacob asks. 

"Nope, he's coming with us" Kayla explains. 

"What are you doing?" Jacob asks. 

"Photoshoot, I realized I only have embarrassing photos of us three, so we are doing that" Kayla explains. 

"Yup, I'm so excited!" I smile. 

"Wow, Ms. Sarcastic excited" Jacob laughs. 

"Wow, Mr. Prom king being  more stupid" I snap. 

Emmet laughs. 

"What's so funny?" I ask. 

"You two, come on just kiss already" Emmet whines. 

"Ew no, I hate him" I say, speed walking away. 

"Lies!" Kayla yells. 

I ignore her and roll my eyes. 

As I pass Rylee she grabs my arm. 

"Hey Ry" I smile. 

"Hey I was just wondering if we could go dress shopping today together" Rylee says. 

Ha. 

No thanks. 

"I'm sorry, I can't, First off, I'm not going to the dance, Second off, I'm going out to eat with my family" I explain. 

Rylee pouts.

"Lose it" I snap. 

"But Claire" She whines. 

"Oh you poor baby, it isn't like we have a whole cheer squad you could try and get to go with you" I laugh, walking away.

She's going to get her heartbroke