Chapter Twenty One | Prom

Brook sighed, her hands falling to her stomach as she stared at herself in the mirror.

She filled the dress out perfectly, but she wasn't happy with her figure. She had gained weight while she was recovering - and it all went to her hips and thighs. She looked fuller in her chest as well, but she wore a new bra that seemed to hold everything in place comfortably.

The dress was a dark grey, with no details. It was sleeveless and dipped down in the chest area, revealing a bit more cleavage that she would admit she was uncomfortable with. The fabric clung to her upper body but flowed out at the center of her torso. The material was heavy, but thankfully didn't flow out in a tulle styled skirt. It was smooth when her hands landed on her thighs - the way she liked it.

The dress was simple, but the accessories Natalie had forced on her were more than enough.

Her hair was half up and half down, ringlets of curls framing her face and falling down her back. Diamond stud earrings shined in the light of the room along with the simple diamond necklace that sat around her neck. Her shoes were a strappy black heel that she could see through the thigh high split in her dress as she turned to the side. Otherwise, the dress almost completely hid her feet and the bulky cast on her opposite leg.

Her makeup was simple. Natalie wouldn't stop pushing until she agreed to eye makeup - her blue eyes framed in a dark smoky eye and a crimson matte lipstick that brought the only needed pop of color to her attire.

"Matt shouldn't be able to smudge this shit." Natalie had grumbled as she'd swiped it over her lips.

At the the thought of her best friend, the bathroom door swung open, Natalie stepping out with a bright smile.

"How do I look?" She asked as she spun around on her way out of the bathroom, giving Brook a chance to study her best friend.

Her dress was black. It was sleeveless with spaghetti straps. Unlike Brook, Natalie went with the tulle styled dress. And it looked amazing on her. Her dress dipped down just as much as Brooks did, if not more, revealing a decent amount of cleavage. While Brooks dress was backless, Natalies covered half of her back. The dress hovered over the ground, revealing the tips of her black stilettos. Her lips were painted in a medium brown colored gloss, her eyes framed in a gold glittering eyeshadow and thick winged eyeliner - courtesy of Brook. Her hair was wavy, pulled back in a style similar to Brooks. She looked beautiful, and Brook didn't hesitate to relay it.

"You look amazing!" She gushed, moving to hug her best friend.

"Matt is gonna faint when he sees you." Natalie giggled as her gaze dipped down Brooks attire. "I did good."

"Oh, please. I did better." Brook rolled her eyes as the sound of the doorbell rung through the apartment.

"I won't disagree." Natalie winked, causing Brook to laugh as her best friend twirled out of the room.

Brook followed Natalie as she moved to answer the door. Brook pulled her sweater off of the back of the couch, pulling it closed around her chest as the two men stepped into the apartment. Brook covered her face with her hands as nervousness bubbled in her stomach.

Matt's gaze was instantly drawn to Brook and a smile fell to his lips as he briefly greeted Natalie before moving to his girlfriend.

He chuckled as he stood in front of her, setting his things down on the back of the couch. "Are you really trying to hide from me, babe?"

She shook her head, peeking at him through her fingers.

"So let me see you." He mumbled as he stepped closer to her.