Thantophobia.

Sharks. He had started to swim faster now, trying as hard as he could to reach the nearest rock. No matter how much he tried to convince himself that there was nothing below them, every now and again he felt something slightly brush against his lower body, which caused him to jump slightly. Not only then was his death chance increased but being a shark's supper wasn't any better than drowning or even freezing to death.

The figures below him started circling them faster. He glanced behind him at Rose, who had absolutely no idea what was going on. If anyone was going to survive right now it had to be her...not him. He looked down at the dark shadows and then the rocks...He could throw her...he had too. It was his only chance to save her. To throw her over to the rock so she was on a safe platform, away from all the sharks. Sure it was risky...but it was the only way.

He grabbed her wrist, pulled her off his back and round to the front, before studying her face...."Your gonna be okay..." he whispered, then grabbed her by the waist, bringing her up into the air and with all the strength he had left in his body, he threw her in the direction of the rocks. Sure it would hurt her but being eaten by five hungry sharks would hurt a whole lot more.

Rose found herself waking up to that, she had hit the rocks pretty hard...in fact so hard that it'd made her head bleed, though nothing major. She looked around almost confused why she was still alive and she had no explanation...until she saw the boy. "What in God's name are you doing?!" She squealed, her voice had a slight shake to it.

"Excuse me, don't yell at me, I just saved your life!" He called back, bringing his legs up every now and then to avoid the sharks.

She looked down noticing the creatures surrounding him and her eyes widened "a-are those....?"

"Sharks? Yeah."

She reached out "quickly, give me your hand!" She yelled, and climbed to the edge of the rock and held out her hand for him to take.

He looked at her hand and then down below him.

"Hey! I said take my hand! Unless you want to get sliced into bits by a group of sea creatures?" She warned, stretching her hand so far out that she had to grip onto a rock to make sure that she didn't fall into the ocean.

He felt another glide against his leg and that was enough to make Jack grab her hand tight and allow her to pull him to safety...she pulled him across the harsh flow and towards the rocks that she was on...now she regretted it all, everything. Jumping off the ship hadn't done anything to help her and in fact it'd made it all worse and now not only would she die out here but so would a perfectly innocent boy. She pulled him up onto the rocks, both of them using the last of their body strength to get him up.

He leaned against her, panting, out of breath not just due to all the swimming but as well as the fear of having five sharks below him.

Rose frowned looking into the water, getting a better look at the creatures as she realised something....they weren't grey...they were more black and had a few white patches scattered around too. Those weren't sharks...she started to laugh.

"Why on earth are you laughing, didn't you just see what-"

"No no come here," she chuckled, motioning him over and then pointing out at the figures "they're not sharks, sir-"

"Jack."

"Jack...they're not sharks, they're killer whales...absolutely harmless creatures." she smiled, as she glided her pinkie through the ice cold sea.

He sat beside her and looked at the creatures, wincing slightly to get a good look. He let a groan escape from his mouth when he saw

"Your kidding me right? So i just did all of that for nothing?" He growled in frustration, making Rose giggle slightly.

He couldn't help but smile then, he hadn't seen her smile at all in the past few hours that he'd known her eventhough most of that time she was unconscious.

"I like it when you laugh," he smiled, making Rose look at him and return the soft smile to him.