Chapter Three

Bernie was still in hospital but she was making progress as she looked around looking for Serena and sighed as she reached the door to her Physical Therapy , she had agreed to meet Serena there. Bernie walked through the door and went up to the desk and signed in before taking a seat to be called and hoped that Serena would show up soon.

Serena was down in theater for the last eight hours operating on a young girl who had been hit by a lorry , the girl had lost a lot of blood while Serena operated on her , Donna who was helping her looked at her with a small sigh and spoke softly"There's nothing you can do Ms. Campbell, Let her bleed out"

Serena sighed and let the young girl bleed out before announcing the time of death, she scrubbed out and looked at her watch "fuck" she said as she only just remembered that she was meant to be meeting Bernie

Bernie who was now in with her Physical therapist , looked around the room nervously "she'll be here soon..."

"Okay we can wait a few more minutes but we do really need to make a start"
Bernie gave a nod and looked down at her phone before texting Serena "Hey, Er just wondering , Where are you? You sorta said you'll be here?"

Serena heard her phone buzz just as she was getting into her car "Im just getting in the car now, ill be with you soon, You go ahead and start the session"

Bernie sighed reading the message, she didn't expect Serena to let herd own like this "I suppose I'll have to"

The Physical therapist gave a nod and talked about what the session would be aboutBernie nodded not really listening to her therapist, but started todo the activities that was set.

As the session went on Berniewas feeling the pain and wanted to give up as she kept looking at the door hoping that Serena would walk in and tell her it's okay but she didn't.

Serena was now stuck in traffic that gave her time to look at her phone before texting Bernie

"Hey I'm sorry I'm stuck in traffic, I really don't think I'm gonna make it to the rest of the session"

"It's okay" she replied keeping it short.

*an hour later*

Now That the session was over Bernie made another appointment before going home to Marcus, she through for a moment wanting to tell him that she was going to leave him so that she could be With Alex.

"Marcus?"

"Yes honey?"

"I Urm" she paused and gave a little sigh not feeling brave enough totell him "I love you"

Marcus smiled "I love you to".

*a year later*

Bernie was now working at the hospital, she was working on Keller with Arthur when suddenly she was paged by Dom Who was down in the X-ray room with a young girl, of course Bernie hurried down and looked at him

"You paged?"

Dom looked at her shaking his head before hearing a voice which Bernie instantly recognised

"He didn't but I did" Alex said going over to her and Dom.

Bernie Gave her a little smile, she was pleased that she was still alive,she couldn't find the right words so she spoke "what the hell are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you to" Alex replied while rolling her eyes at Bernie.

Don looked at the pair of the confused on how both Bernie and Alex knew each other.

"Hassan called me to help out..."

"We don't need any help we're fine.." Bernie spat.

Alex rolled her eyes again "Hansen thinks differently..."