Chapter II

"Burn her!" the angry mob shouted, their cries roaring in my audio receptors as I was half-dragged to a tall stake in the center of a market.
I looked around calmly at all the angry face-plates around me and allowed a slight smile to tug on my dermas. Let them have their fun while they could.
One of the mechs holding my chains locked around my wrists yanked on them roughly to remind me to move.
I simply planted my peds and lifted my chin in the air. I refused to move.
The five mechs who were dragging me flashed their guns, but I didn't move at all.
So they began pulling, and I pulled back, leaning backwards and digging my heels into the ground.
It wasn't much of an effort really, just a little test to see how long it took them to overbalance me.
Slowly I opened my intake and began to sing.
"🎶I'd rather go to the stake, oh,
I'd rather go to the stake, oh,
I'd rather burn,
Oh I'd rather burn,
I'd rather burn at the stake, oh!🎶"
They finally yanked me over and I landed face-plates first into the dust that covered the ground.
Still I continued...
"🎶But know I'll return and I'll be dead...awake.
I'll be dead awake.
Rising from the stake.
And when you hear the falling truth,
You'll know,
You'll know.
When you hear the falling truth,
You'll know that I'll be with you.
And when you hear the falling truth,
You'll know that I'll be with you too...🎶"
"Shut up!" one mech yelled and sliced open my cheek with a knife, but I registered no pain and continued to sing.
"🎶I'll show you I am capable of causing such pain
With my delicate and fragile lady brain.
I will not,
Let you get away.
I'd rather burn at the stake, oh...🎶"
They yanked me onto the ground again and a group of angry young mechs and femmes jumped on me with pipes of metal.
"🎶And when you hear the falling truth,
You'll know
You'll know.
When you hear the falling truth,
You'll know that I'll be with you.
And when you hear the falling truth,
You'll know that I'll be with you too...🎶"
We approached the stake after the younger ones had been pulled away, and the mechs roughly shoved my back-plates against the metal pole before wrapping my chains around my hips, waist, and chest-plate.
"🎶They'll watch you take my spark,
Away.
I'd rather burn at the stake, oh,🎶" I continued as a fire was lit,"🎶I'd rather burn,
Oh I'd rather burn.
I'd rather burn at the stake, oohh!🎶"
The smoke rose up around me and I breathed it in, feeling it clog my respiratory systems.
I waited until the smoke obscured me, then disappeared into five small magenta-glowing balls of smokey light.
I floated away, leading the spark I had taken that night through the paths of space and time and reality, passing blackholes, galaxies and timepits. Screams and moans erupted around me, but I was used to it. To reach the Allspark I had to cut through my own realm to get there faster, but I could sense the spark was frightened.
But I didn't slow.
We finally reached the glowing gates of the Allspark and stopped.
The five balls of light I had changed into came together as one and formed my simple Cybertronian frame.
The spark that I had taken, swirled and formed an image of an elderly femme.
Primus appeared before us and smiled at the femme and me.
"Enter, my daughters," he said in a great voice that reminded me of large drums and bells.
The spark entered without hesitation and Primus kissed the top of her helm.
"We welcome you, Dreamer," he said,"This is now your home."
Slowly at first, then faster, the femme changed, growing younger and younger until she looked to be in her early teens.
Giggling, she skipped off to a bright garden where a large, sparkling pond was.
"Why so glum, Chardirakii?" Primus asked, noticing my silence.
"I am always like this, sire," I replied calmly,"Now I must return to my realm. I have newcomers who require their punishments."
"Nay, remain a while, we are having a meeting anyhow in the Hall," Primus replied, taking my shoulder-plate in his large servo and leading me away.
I sighed softly in annoyance and allowed myself to be led to the Hall where all my brothers and sisters were gathered.
"Ah, the Somber One arrives at last!" Flareburst, God of Flame cried as we entered.
I sat down between Lightpath, Goddess of the Sunrise, and Darkpath, God of the Nightfall.
Mislead, God of Mischief giggled quietly to himself behind me as I folded my servos neatly in my lap and waited for Primus to begin.
"Now, as we've already discussed there is an important matter that must be dealt with soon," Primus began, making my brow furrow slightly. Had I missed another meeting? Perhaps I should try and be more present for these meetings.
"But whom shall she bond with?" Breezecloud, Goddess of Wind and Sky asked, ruffling her graceful wings.
My frown only deepened. What were they talking about?
"Me!" Mislead cried, then collapsed into hysteria, almost kicking me in the helm.
"Absolutely not!" Lightpath and Darkpath cried at once, their high and deep voices pitching together in perfect harmony.
"I have consulted this with Datapad, and he believes he may have an answer," Primus said, lifting his servos to silence everyone.
Datapad, God of Knowledge and Literaterary Arts stepped forwards and created two glowing balls with a helm pictured in each of them.
"I suggest either Optimus Prime," he said, gesturing to the right ball,"Or Megatron," he gestured to the left, which caused many upset murmers to ripple through the Hall.
"I know neither is the best choice, but it is essential she bonds with a strong leader," Datapad protested.
"Do you mind if I ask...who is this femme you are speaking of?" I asked.
Many pairs of optics were turned on me. Some were sympathetic, others triumphant.
"Ah yes, I forgot Chardirakii was not here for our last meeting," Primus said, then looked at me,"My daughter, you are to become Sparkmates with one of these mechs Datapad is showing."
"WHAT!?!" I shouted, standing up abruptly.
A tremor ran through the Hall and small violet cracks appeared around my peds.
"You're marrying me off? Why!?" I demanded, not caring about how much emotion I was suddenly putting on display.
No one answered, not even Datapad or Primus.
"It's because you want to be rid of me, right?" I asked, my voice getting dangerously low,"Because you didm't create me, now you want me gone."
My fists clenched at my sides and the cracks around my peds lengthened.
"Chardirakii, calm-" Lightpath began.
"-down," Darkpath finished, both grabbing my arms and trying to pull me back into a sitting position.
"No, Chardirakii, this has nothing to do with my brother," Primus replied soothingly,"I have noticed your increasing obsession with your realm, and with the list of punished growing, I figured you could use a partner. Someone you could care about."
"And you never thought I would like to know of this, in advance?" I asked, shaking Lightpath and Darkpath off,"My realm is too busy and full for me to give a second thought about a Sparkmate, or even a partner."
I stepped closer, more cracks lining the white floor.
"And even if I agreed, who would watch over my realm in my absence?" I demanded.
"Lightpath and Darkpath have both agreed to care for your realm together," Primus replied, then set a servo on my shoulder-plate,"Now, choose your Sparkmate."
I was turned and found myself facing the two leaders. One an Autobot, the other a Decepticon.
"I'll allow my spark to decide that, thank you all, very much," I said sarcastically, then disappeared into five balls again and zoomed out of the Hall as fast as I could, trailing small violet cracks behind me.

Author's Note: Here is the original song that Chardirakii was singing, it's called 'I'd Rather Burn' by Blackbriar.

Enjoy!
💙