Chapter V

Megatron wasted no time in leaving with his wounded troopers

Now it was just me, and the Autobots.
"How did you...?" the blue and pink femme asked. She was small, her helm probably only reaching my hip.
I waved my servo,"Explanations are too long and tiresome. None of you will share the same fate I promise."
Optimus stepped forwards,"You said you were the Goddess of Death. Is this true or some deception?"
I shook my helm, looking straight into his sky-blue optics,"I tell only the truth when I say who I am."
"Why are you here?" Bulkhead asked,"Who sent you?"
"I thought Primus was the only god," Arcee added.
::How old are you?:: Bumblebee asked, his large optics wide in excitement.
I held up a servo and they all quieted.
"You will have your answers...in time," I said,"Already I have wasted too much time."
::Are you on a mission?:: Bumblebee asked.
"Of sorts," I replied, considering telling them.
Then I looked into their optics, reading the fears and suspicions hidden beneath their awed expressions and decided against it.
"Won't you tell us what it is?" Optimus asked,"Perhaps we can aid you."
I shook my helm,"My mission cannot include you. None of you. It is one I travel alone. Now I bid you all good-bye."
I slashed my servos in the air, my glowing greenish-blue claws tearing a portal before stepping through it.
As I stepped through, my smallest digit brushed against the Prime's servo.
A hot fire seemed to shoot up my arm and I was quick to close the portal again.
Grabbing my servo I inspected it.
No burn marks, nothing. Only a feeling.
I frowned. Why had this simple brush make my servo react in such a way? And why was my spark beating at twice its normal speed.
Then I growled,"Joyspark!"
The God of Love and Passion appeared before me, a thin blaster in servo,"You called, my lady?"
"I am not your lady, and I would kindly like you to stop meddling with my spark," I snapped at the small god.
"Fine fine!" Joyspark muttered and reached forwards, yanking the invisible dart out of my chest-plate,"I was only helping your choice go easier."
I rolled my optics,"I am perfectly capable of choosing a Sparkmate myself, Joyspark. I don't need your 'help.'"
Joyspark pouted,"You're such a spoilsport, you know that?"
He turned to leave again, then shot a mischievous grin my way.
"By the way, Optimus is infatuated by you," he said cheekily then disappeared before I could hurl a metal spike at him.
"JOYSPARK!!!" I bellowed angrily, the spike stabbing deep into a rock and splitting it in half.
I dragged both my servos down my face-plates and groaned. This was now a total nightmare. Unless I caught Joyspark (highly unlikely since he'd probably already returned to his realm with no intention of coming back) Optimus was now slowly falling in love with me.
I'd just have to avoid the Prime, that was all.
I walked through the desert I had portalled to and came across a large oasis behind a pyramid.
I walked past the palm trees until I reached the large pool in the middle and dipped my servos into the cool water.
Night had fallen here and a chilly desert breeze fanned my blazing cheeks.
Why was I still blushing.
"Joyspark! If you've hit me with another dart, I swear you'll not live to see Lightpath's chariot!" I shouted crossly.
"Are you shouting at...the god of love?" a baritine voice asked behind me and I groaned internally.
"Yes," I replied, not turning around. I already knew who it was. The last person I really wanted to see...ever.
Optimus came up beside me and sat down.
"What are you doing here?" we both asked at the same time.
I shot a glare at Optimus who stared calmly back.
"I often come here to clear my processors of things...disturbing me," Optimus finally said after a tense silence.
"I came here for that same reason," I replied, looking away and splashing some water over my face-plates, which had started to heat up again.
Frag you, Joyspark!
"Are you familiar with Earth?" Optimus asked.
I shook my helm, then nodded,"Yes and no. I am familiar with the humans physique, but not their traditions nor their customs."
"I could...show you around sometime," Optimus offered,"Earth is a beautiful planet."
Abruptly I stood up, causing the Prime to look at me in confusion.
"It...is probably best...for both of us to never meet again," I said tightly, trying to squash the feelings rising in my spark.
"Why?" Optimus asked, standing up as well.
I looked at him, then did a very quick scan over his frame, locating the dart stuck between the large windows on his chest.
Quickly I darted my servo forwards and plucked the dart out, tossing it aside into the pond.
"What was that?" Optimus asked, confused by my sudden actions.
"You do not need to know," I replied coldly,"Good-bye, Optimus. Do not seek me again."
I turned to walk away, to put some distance between us, when Optimus called after me.
"You mustn't be so cold towards others, Chardirakii," he said,"Friends can be a benefit in times of need."
"Or an unwanted load to carry places," I replied, continuing on my way.
Once I was sure I was out of Optimus' line of sight, I slashed open another portal and stepped through, this time into a dense jungle.
I grabbed hold of the nearest branch that looked strong enough to bear my weight, then pulled myself high up into a tree.
Stretching out in a cat-like position on my stomach, I mulled over my thoughts some more.
Though the dart had been removed, Optimus' attitude towards me had remained unchanged. I wondered if the dart had done anything but arouse his curiosity for me.
I didn't think I had been hit a second time, but this strange burning sensation would not leave my cheeks as an image of Optimus' handsome face-plates appeared in my helm.
I squeezed my optics shut and willed the image away.
Too soon! Too soon!