The Axeman's Letter

Maddie's P.O.V

"So, you think you betrayed them?" My therapist asks me.

"Yes and no. I mean, I did compel someone to find Dahlia and tell her that Nik was daggered. I was hoping she would undagger him and she did. When I passed out after puking blood up, I saw my brother, Thierry, and he told me to find a way to wake up Klaus. So I did. I went along with his plan and I even helped. I suggested he compel my dad, I told him to bite me and have my dad rip him off of me to fool Dahlia that Klaus didn't care about me anymore. I basically helped him curse Hayley and Jack and all the wolves. I don't feel guilty, I mean I do feel guilty about the wolves but not for the rest. I'm just happy that I didn't have to betray Nik. The mikaelsons and my dad all knew that Nik was gonna be daggered not caring how it would affect anyone else. I've been betrayed by almost everyone. My daughter betrayed me, Davina, multiple times and yet I've still loved and cared for her. Elijah killed my brother and daggered Nik right in front of me. Rebekah just stood and watched. Freya, what hasn't she done? She turned Nik's siblings against him. My dad has done so much for me and I will be forever grateful but he cursed my brother and the wolves a while ago. Jackson cared more about his pack and Hayley than me. He always did. I think Klaus is basically the one person who has stuck by me."

"You feel betrayed by the people you love. And they have made you question your trust in them." I nod my head.

"Hayley once left a voicemail to Elijah. She said she didn't want Hope to be a Mikaelson." I look down.

"And? Maybe you're having thoughts...maybe a part of you doesn't want your twins to be Mikaelsons." He suggests.

"No. No, of course I don't think that. It's just, Hayley came looking for her family and found out they were dead. And as much as the mikaelsons are complicated, they are protective. Their family and weather she likes it or not, they are Hope's family. I just couldn't imagine taking my kids away from their father is all."

"How are you and Klaus?" He asks me. "With Tristan back I assume it's been...difficult?"

"We're okay. I think. I hope. I told him about mine and Tristan's past." I tell him.

"Do you love him?" I raise my eyebrows at the question. "Tristan."

I open my mouth but close it. "I think I did. When I first met him, I did love him and then he broke my heart and left. And just like he did, my love and trust for him left. And I couldn't be happier it did. I'm in love with an amazing guy who treats me right. Who I'm having children with. I'm with a man that I'm happy with, who makes me feel confident, sexy...and loved. Klaus is giving me what I've always wanted." I look down at my stomach and smile. "A family."

*

I was sat in the bedroom eating some fruits as Elijah and Klaus walked into the compound downstairs speaking, "So, my first sired wants to kill you, yours wants to kill me. It makes you regret turning any vampires in the first place."

"Well, the division of labor seems crystal clear. Two of them, two of...us." Elijah trails off and Klaus shouts my name.

"Maddison!"

I furrow my eyebrows and walk downstairs and out to the foyer as relief washes through his eyes and he walks over to me, putting his arms around my waist. My mouth parts a little confused until I see the dead girl on the ground.

"Who the hell is that?" I ask confused and put my hand on Klaus' chest.

Klaus gets this look in his eye and walks over to the girls body where there was a note laying in her hands, Klaus crouches down and pick it up to read it. He stands after not long after and holds it behind him for Elijah to take not even looking his way.