Chapter 2 • pt 2 🍻

Melly's POV

15 minutes later I made it to her house, I got out the car and knocked on her door. Couple seconds later a lady that resembled Niylah a lot opened the door , it gotta be her Moma .
I was interrupted outta my thoughts by hearing her say " Hello , you are ? "
I replied " I'm Jamell I'm here for Aniylah " she then sent a mean look towards me and said " don't hurt my baby or else we'll have a problem " she said with a evil grin by the time she reached the end of her sentence.
" umm okay I promise you I won't Ms. Brown " I said Smiling thinking about her daughter. " Who's tht to the door baby " I heard a man said , who must've been her dad . He soon came to the door and said " who you lookin fo "
" I'm here for Aniylah, I'm taking her out on a date " I replied.
" Oh really , you here for my daughter huh " he said in more of a questioning tone .
" yes sir , it's not a problem right ? " I asked feeling a lil nervous because he might not let me take her out. As I was about to reply Aniylah had came to the door and told her parents
" I hope y'all not scaring him away , I'm a big girl now stop mom and dad " she said a little embarrassed. "
You're still our baby, no matter how old you are " her mom replied smiling. Her dad then looked at me and said " can I speak to you for a min son " I nodded following him to an area away from Niylah and her mom .
" What's your intentions with my daughter? I don't want you playing her and trying to use her for sex , shit I'm even surprised y'all going on a date because she doesn't worry about guys " he said
" Sir I'm not trying to use your daughter, I actually want to date your daughter and I'm not in the stage of mistreating and using women for what they have sir , I honestly think I've matured over the years and I'm ready for something real." I replied.
" okay I hear you now , if I hear one thing about you mistreating my daughter " he said pointing towards her " that'll be your ass and call me Greg youngin "
" Wrd " I replied after that he dapped me up and we went back towards the girls and when we approached them Niylah was smiling and blushing hard asf yo ! Grabbing her hand making our way towards my cocaine white custom 2018 challenger.
I opened the door for her and jogged around to my side and her dad said " Alright now remember what we talked about , keep my babygirl safe now " I nodded and said " Thxs " then got inside the car and shut my door.

Niylah's POV
After seeing my parents interrogate him with questions I felt a certain way but I know they only did it because they care about me . And plus him not backing away and actually facing my parents and answering their questions actually let's me know he's somewhat serious about me and him.
" why yo ass been hanging up on me , over ther smiling and sh!t "
he asked me " bcus you know I hate when u do that , like I want your attention to be on me and Only me ! And boy pls " I replied laughing he then looked at me smirking and said " a nigga must be lookin fine or sum you blushing hard asf lil girl " after he said that I had no choice but to laugh
While I laughed he had gave me a mean mug " Aww I'm sorry I hurt the baby feelings? " I said rubbing his cheeks " Nah I'm str8 " he replied not looking at me,
I knew he was mad or whatever so I looked at him cheesing hard " I said I'm sorry and you do look cute I was joking melllllyyyy " I said pouting and dragging the ly in his name.

20 mins later (Arrived at Restaurant )

Niylah POV
We pulled up to a restaurant in Orlando called " Mattie's Soul Food " it looked new . After he parked I looked in the mirror making sure I'm lookin right and etc . " come on you look good " he said lookin at me " okay " I replied blushing and laughing a lil .
Soon he got out and jogged to my side of the car and opened my door " thanks " I said to him , " ofc beautiful " I smiled and we then approached the front door.
Once we got inside we requested a table for two .
As We sat down at our designated table, I noticed I was receiving hateful stares from a table full of ghetto looking girls. I shook it off and decided to not pay attention to it.
Soon as the waitress came we stop talking and I ordered the oxtail entree with Mac and Cheese and collard greens and Some Banana Pudding.