Chapter 1

Todoroki has always been one to do favors for his classmates— but he has never, throughout his two years in Yueei, asked his classmates for a favor. Not after the Kamino incident with Kirishima, Midoriya, Iida, and Yaoyorozu, at least. And even then, that wasn’t his idea alone.

He’s always been a rather reclusive person, he thinks. Even after he gained a group of friends, he refused to let others be bothered by him. Just the slightest thing as asking for a pen would end up with a ‘sorry to bother’ and a nod, both coming from him.

Midoriya has always hated that, he thinks, too. He’s always hated how regretful he looks when it comes to him asking his classmates for a favor. And Todoroki has seen Midoriya. He’s seen how borderline angry he gets whenever Todoroki has to ask someone for a favor. And, of course, Todoroki confronted him about it. He knows Midoriya is kindhearted, he’s always known. It wasn’t a surprise to hear that the boy just hated seeing Todoroki’s uncomfortable face when it came to favors. He hated seeing his best friend get so worked up over simple stuff.

“I don’t know where this comes from, Todoroki-kun.” Midoriya huffs half-heartedly, a small smile already forming. “I mean, you’ve never had any problems with doing favors for others, which is incredibly nice, but—” he cuts his sentence short, as if he can feel Todoroki’s eyebrows furrow and his mouth open just to defend himself— if even the slightest.

“I’m not trying to push you.” He smiles, and places his hand on Todoroki’s shoulder reassuringly. “I just want you to stop feeling uncomfortable. I’m not saying this for my sake, you know? It’s you who I’m worried about.”

And now he’s here. Not only trying to keep in mind what Midoriya said, but also trying to find a way to solve the weird problem he was in.

“Man, I thought you were smarter than this, ’Roki.” Kirishima smiles from his seat in front of Todoroki.

“Halfie’s never been street smart.” Bakugou scoffs. “But coming out to your dad? A dumb bitch move. Even for you.”

“He didn’t react negatively.” Todoroki defends himself, furrowing his eyebrows as he pouts lightly. “My old man just wants to see my non-existent boyfriend.”

“And if you don’t show him one, he’ll kick you out.” Bakugou finishes. “You’re ridiculous.”

Bakugou’s right, Todoroki thinks. Where would he get a boyfriend? Things like that take time— even longer in Todoroki’s case, and if he wants to “impress” his dad, (or rather spit on his face with an I-told-you-so look) he’ll have to date someone the old man knows.

“So, you not only have to date someone your dad knows— or has even heard of, for the record, but you also have to date someone you trust in. Really trust in.” Kirishima mutters. He looks extremely deep in thought, as if he’s analyzing every possible outcome. He looks at Todoroki dead in the eye after a few seconds, just as he slaps his hands on the table with a gasp. All while standing up. “Midoriya!

“Midoriya?”

“Of course fucking Deku is the first option.” Bakugou growls, throwing his head back.

Kirishima sits back down, shoving Bakugou lightly, who growled as a response. “Don’t you and Midoriya have some history?”

“What do you mean, history?” Todoroki tilts his head. “Are you talking about back when we were first years?”

“Back when Deku wanted to suck your dick so badly he made you use your quirk fucking properly, ye—” Bakugou’s sentence is cut off by a calloused hand lightly hitting his shoulder.