Eight

F l a s h b a c k

"Psssst Keith"

"What do you want (Y/n)? I'm trying to sleep."

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go outside with me. I can't sleep. Ms. Johnson says it's because I watch too much t.v but that doesn't make any sense to me. Anyways, you wanna come?"

"Isn't going outside after dark against the rules?"

"Maybe."

"I'm in."

Time skip

"So how'd you end up here?"

"Like I'd tell you. I don't even know you."

"Not true! You know my name and I sit next to you at lunch when you tell me to go away!"

"True, but I'm still not telling you."

"Well I'll tell you why I'm here. My moms dead and my dads in jail for gangs or drugs or something. I don't know I never met him but I don't think he was very nice. Oh but I have a question for you."

"If I answer this one question will you leave me alone for good?"

"Yea sure, anyways my question is, what's with the emo attitude all the time?"

"The what?"

"The emo attitude. You're always like my name it Keith, I'm soo emo. Ugh I don't wanna talk to anyone I'm emo meh meh meh. I'm such an outcast, I don't wanna make any friends because I like being emo. That's you."

"I don't sound like that!"

"Yea yea sure you don't, answer the question."

"I'm not answering that stupid question, now leave me alone."

"That wasn't our agreement buddy-"

"I'm not your buddy, now go away."

"Well I'll make you my buddy, and since you didn't answer my question I'll bug you till the day I die."

"You're so annoying."

"Pffft- that's what the lady at the last orphanage said to me."

"You were at another orphanage?"

"Yea I came here a couple years before you got here, the old one went out of business or something. That's one one of the nuns told me since I was the last kid there who didn't get adopted."

"And you believe her?"

"Well it's what she told me, I'm not sure if it's true or not though."

Present day

Shiro finally woke up, it was good to see him again. I wasn't close to him like Keith was, but I did know him a little bit.

Anyways, I changed into the clothes Keith gave to me and when I came back I stood in between Lance and Pidge. Keith was talking about some sort of energy telling him to search. He continued to talk about this cave with ancient markings about a blue lion.

"But they all share clues leading to some event, some arrival happening last night. Then you showed up."

"I should thank you all for getting me out." Shiro smiled and turned to Lance, putting out his hand. "Lance right?" the blue eyed tee was hesitant at first but he shook the robotic hand. Shiro walked over to pidge and Hunk, he tried shaking Hunks hand but Hunk was- well being Hunk and couldn't.