Sixteen

"Coran, how soon will we get to the blade of Marmora's base?" Shiro asked as the orange haired alien flew the castle to the blade's base.

"Based in the coordinates that Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few dobashes."

"I can't wait to see it. I mean they were able to fold space time, and that was just at an outpost!" Pidge exclaimed

"Mm, the space taco. It left us too soon."

"Well, sure, but my point is, imagine how amazing their home base will be!"

"Exactly! It could take on any shape!" Hunk smiled

"Like a space jelly donut!" I butted in.

"Or long, like a space éclair! Or a space cheese blintz with a cherry sauce on top!" Hunk drooled thinking about the food

"Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar. That's the stars." I finished

"Aw! Now I'm hungry for breakfast!"The Cuban whined

"Guys, this is a serious mission. We need to focus." Keith stated, sitting in his chair, looking annoyed at the four of us.

"We need to focus." Lance mocked, making me laugh.

"The base is in range." Coran said to Shiro

"Take us in slowly."

"That might prove the tiniest bit of a challenge." Coran said as a giant black hole came into view.

"Is that a black hole?" Hunk questioned

"No, no, no, no, no. It's two black holes and a giant blue star."

"That's not better." I said worryingly

"No kidding. Just inside a black hole the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But, just outside of that, it's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius." The short girl stated

"Okay, it's like when you try to nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside but it's still frozen in the middle, right?"

"Now I'm hungry for lunch!"

"Guys quiet! Coran, where's the base located?" Keith shouted at us as he stood up from his chair.

"In between those three deadly celestial objects."

"The perfect defensive position." Pidge said

"Or the perfect trap!" The princess exclaimed

"Yea, I'm with Allura. Maybe we shouldn't, like, go in there at all?"

"What are you talking about? We have to go in! This is the whole reason we came out here! There is no other option!"

"Okay. Jeez. Calm down." The blue eyed teen said, gesturing for him to turn it down a couple notches. Keith rolled his eyes and looked back at the black holes. I put a hand on his shoulder and smiled, he tensed from the touch but smiled back at me.