Scarlet Walls - 5

One good reason

February 5th, 1915

___________

     America sat awkwardly in his seat as he waited in silence outside the conference room, nervously eavesdropping on the yelling that came from within the room. He winced when the arguing suddenly ceased and a common noise of agreement rang from behind the door.

     Wyoming and Colorado were the ones to find the letters and read them, where they demanded to see the others to understand the full story. Under the isolation policy, the states were in power to decide the punishment and whether or not the offense was worthy of being told to the government. The two states called a private meeting to determine what to do with the letters, and hence why the American nation stays outside the meeting room with anxious fear.

     The building was the same one from the previous day with Mexico, but this time it was clear of bodyguards and agents. It was a desolate space that granted no feeling of security or comfort to the inhabitants, let alone a feeling of warmth as the nation shivered with developing goosebumps. He squirmed in his chair, disturbed with unhindered thoughts, and a certain urge to escape to a bar that plagued what was left of his emotional straps.

     Finally, the door opened slowly, little hesitation altering its squeaky creaks that spoke much of its aged wood. America looked up at the state that stood at the opened door, revealed to be Kansas, and frowned when the young personification gestured for the nation to enter the room. The American trembled as he stood in no grace of his movement, almost tripping as he entered the room filled with, surprisingly, 4 organized states.

     The room is large enough to support space for all of his states, as the government knew admissions into the union would require plenty of accommodations to fit every necessary need. This particular conference room is the biggest in the building and was once the center of diplomatic relations and meetings, but the isolation policy created new uses for the space. America could imagine many nations sitting at the table, speaking with him, and making strong relations together.

     Colorado had the others sit down and America took his seat at the very end of the table where every pair of varied colored eyes could judge him. She cleared her throat and nodded towards Maryland, who stood up with a strong pride in her Caribbean eyes.

     Maryland probably held the greatest influence over the other states, apart from Delaware and the other original 13 colonies. She was mature and knew how to address everyone with respect, but deep down she was an extremely scarred personification. Her dress was traditional yet current for the time, and she always had her hair pulled back in a long, neat braid. She seemed to never mind revealing her battle scars, which are scattered throughout her face and body, and would typically speak of them to those who asked. America knows more than most as to where the scars come from, as the majority were products of the Revolutionary War and the Civil War.

     She gazed upon the conference table and eventually met the similar hued eyes of America, where she smiled fondly. This somehow frightened the nation much more, and he attempted to squirm further into his chair. "Colorado, please explain the situation," Maryland said with a light smile to the other state.

     The female personification stood from her seat and gazed upon the other states, taking a long agonizing sigh. She began, "I've informed each of you, as well as the others, that America has broken his vow of isolation and has been in illegal contact with England for far too long now." The other states - Maryland, Kansas, Wyoming - didn't even show emotion to the revelation as they seemed to nod in sync with the first portion of her testament.