David King x Reader | FLUFF |

David King x Surv! Reader w a lil bit of adult themes ;3 if you get what i mean

Black smoke envelopes your eyes as you run through the exit gates. The beads of sweat rolling down your forehead slowly stop while your gritted teeth relax as you pass through the barrier, safe from harms way. For now at least. The smoke clears as you once again find yourself back at the campfire where a few were resting between their trials. You stood there for a second with squinted eyes and a calculating stare before sighing, slightly relaxing your posture even though it was still quite tense from the previous match. With burning eyes and obviously controlled steps, you strode over to the log where Kate and Ace rested. Both of them noticing your obvious anger.

They all knew how you usually got like this. You didn't accept weakness in yourself in this world so any feelings of fear, depression or disappointment in yourself would be replaced with anger and a boiling lava like rage that was bubbling over the edge. You knew this amount of anger all the time wasn't good but it at least helped you stay quick and on edge, instead of being depressed and afraid. You had seen what those passive emotions did to some survivors, Dwight always being a coward, Quentin was just always slow and easy to give up, Feng seemed like she had things in control but she was easy to panic and cry like crazy, same with Claudette.

Props to Jake and Bill, those two knew how to keep a level head in a tough situation, you had no clue how they did it. Sighing once again you sat down on the log between Ace and Kate, as they were sitting as far from each other as possible. Ace turned his head to face you as you leaned forward putting your face in your hands.

"What happened this time mi amiga" you peeked out between your fingers at Ace, the anger slowly fading as you saw his cocky smirk replaced by a kind grin. You once again sighed, leaning your eyes into the palms of your hands with your elbows on your knees.

"David got sacrificed because of me." You raised your head, hunched over facing the flames while resting your head on one hand. The icy anger and resentment crept back into your eyes as you glared at the fire with a deadly stare while your nose began to scrunch up in anger. "He knew that there was NOED, I don't get why he would put himself at risk for me like that." You were running with everything you had to the exit gates after being saved off the hook. You weren't injured because of adrenaline but it didn't really matter since the killer had NOED.

You were just in the exit gates when the killer lunged, there was no way you would've made it if they landed this hit. Just as their weapon was about to hit your back you were pushed to the exit by none other than David King his damn self who took the hit for you, getting downed instantly while you watched from beyond the barrier, unable to cross over again to save him as he had pushed you over it.

"Nea was already sacrificed and I was already out, the only one left besides David was Jake." You quietly explained the situation to Ace, with only two left and most likely one hooked the chances of both escaping were very low. The killer would most likely be camping David as it was the end of the game and even though you knew Jake could be very cunning and clever, there was no way he'd get the both of them out of their safely.

You were angry with yourself for letting this happen, if only you were a better survivor, if only you could 360 better than maybe this wouldn't have happened. Your mind started to wander off as your thoughts consumed you. You were so spaced out you didn't even notice Jake and David come back to the campfire until Kate gently nudged your shoulder. "(Name)," raising your head you noticed them, immediately standing up to face them. Well, David specifically.

You ran up to him with furrowed eyebrows and tense shoulders. "David! What the hell why would you do that!? Why would you risk yourself like that?" Your voice began to fade and slightly crack at the end. You quickly recomposed yourself, swallowing down the lump in your throat and blinking any stray droplets in your eyes. "Are you an idiot? This isn't a game, don't risk yourself like that just so you can be the hero..." You sighed, "that's not how this works..."

David just stared at you with slight shock before compassion leaked into his eyes as he crushed you in a bear hug. "O-Oi!" He grinned like an idiot as he crushed you in his muscular arms. "Hey! What are you doing? Cut it out!" You screeched in embarrassment at his strange show of affection. He eventually let you go before pinching your cheeks as if you were a kid.

"Was someone worried about me?" He teased which caused your face to go red with a mix of embarrassment and anger. You grabbed his wrists to try and move his hands but they wouldn't budge thanks to his dumb muscles.

"I wasn't worried! I just don't need you pulling stunts like that! You got yourself killed you moron!" You huffed out with a bit of struggle as his hands were still pinching your cheeks. He looked a bit shocked for a second before that smug grin came back onto his dumb face.

"For your information, I actually didn't get killed. Both me and Jake made it out alive." He smiled poking his tongue out at you while finally letting go of your cheeks. You stared at him wide eyes for a second before turning your head towards Jake, silently asking how. 

Jake just smiled at you and replied, "I have my ways." Leaving you slightly annoyed and confused. You had to admit, you were impressed but not enough for your stubborn attitude to leave you. You looked back up to David with his stupid cheeky grin and continued to give him your harshest glare. At least in your head you thought it was harsh, to David you just looked like an angry cupcake. David started to walk over to his tent as you glared at him, still with that dumb grin on his face.

"Hey!" you called as he walked off, following him to the tiny tent. "I'm not done talking David!" you stood at the open entrance of his tent while he sat down. He compared you to a cat with it's fur puffed out in his head, as your shoulders were tensed and your hair had went frizzy. "What's the issue love, we got out didn't we?" He replied with an endearing smile, which you misunderstood as a smug grin. At some point you had gone into his tent and sat in front of him, a little bit too close since the tent was so small.

"It still doesn't change the fact that what you did was just- just reckless and stupid okay!" While you were talking you had leaned even closer towards him. You were straddling him while cupping his face with your hands. You stared him straight in the eyes with a look of pure stubbornness in your eyes. His confidence fluttered for a moment as he noticed how close your faces were, how your fiery personality reflected in your (E/C) eyes. It was mesmerising and he completely mind blanked for a second, getting lost in the fire. 

He snapped out his trance while pulling your hands away from his cheeks. He decided to mess around a bit, knowing he could easily rile you up with just a few words. "reckless is a brave choice of words from someone who's literally straddling me, love." He grinned at you while your eyebrows furrowed. A small blush had crept on your face but not noticeable enough for him to tease you about it.