♛ sixteen ♛

Juliette's POV:

I groaned lightly, feeling a trace of unfamiliar warmth against my cheek as I started to wake. I kept my eyes closed trying to focus on going back to sleep but whatever was touching had other plans.

I opened my eyes, slowly adjusting my eyes to the sight before me. I tried to look at who or what was touching me and looked up slowly terrified to see a hand caressing my hair and face. My eyes widened when I looked into the dark features of his face. I let out a yelp and sat up when I realized it was Nikolai who had awakened me.

"Good morning my fiancé. Sleep well?" He smirks, tilting his head.

I look around, confused as to why he would be in my room. The windows were scarcely lit from the sunlight that began to rise. It had to be early, at least before dawn. I tried to bite back my anger, I hated waking up too early in the mornings, it was not my cup of tea. Especially to be awakened by no other than a self-centered, maniac, psychotic, and manipulative vampire.

"What do you want?" I yawned.

"That's no way to greet me good morning," he tsked with his tongue, his eyes blazing with amusement.

"It's very early. I wish to go back to sleep," I rolled my eyes, laying back down.

"I didn't come here to talk to you when you're sleeping, fiancé," he says. I clench my teeth angrily. Why is he still here and talking?

"You won't be going to sleep during the night anymore. You'll be sleeping during the day. With me," he added, his raspy voice lightening up as if what he was saying was actually a good idea.

"I think you're forgetting I'm a human. I sleep during the night and you sleep during the day." I turn my body to look at him. His amused expression turned dark again. I didn't expect his hand to shoot out and snatch me up from the bed, making me tumble from the covers and onto the hard floor painfully.

"Ah!" I screamed, backing away from him in horror. His red blood thirsty eyes darkening in irritation.

"I think you're forgetting who you're talking to. I thought I could get that through your pretty little head of yours but it seems you don't understand." He stared down at me his expression cold and unforgiving as he stepped closer to me but I was trapped, weak, compared to him.

"I-I'm Sorry. Please, don't hurt me." I beg, hoping he would have mercy.

His eyes were set ablaze and his jaw clenched tightly. "Oh sweet little Juliette. The things I could do to you. So many choices but such little time." He said with a mischief smile, the suggestion in his voice making me tremble with fear. He pauses, looking up at the windows that began to lighten up with this sun's warmth.

"Don't think this will be forgotten," he glares down at me before disappearing within a flash. I exhaled a deep breath, turning to the sun, a feeling of gratefulness coming over me. Suddenly I enjoyed mornings more than I thought.

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>

After an hour of bustling about trying to quickly help Agnes wash and clean the downstairs, Norah finally came to help me. Together we folded the clothes, washed dishes, sanitized the floors and tables of stains which was somehow already clean. I let out a breathy laugh as I watched Agnes roll her eyes at a book she flipped through without actually reading it. Many books were mostly unopened and very dusty, not very interesting, to say the least. Agnes and Norah smile at my random outburst of giggles.