Remember Me (SCP-049 X SCP-035)

This story is with 049 and 035 and it's veRY ANGSTY, FAIR WARNING.

TRIGGER WARNING: Death, Mild Gore, Sad Birb Boy

~~~~~

SCP-049 quickly ran through the facility, trying to find his mask friend. He had heard gunshots and was worried that his lover might have gotten hurt.

"Mask?"

He made it near SCP-035's containment, looking around. He spotted a lump on the ground in a corner and tilted his head. He walked a bit closer before he froze.

"Mask!"

He quickly walked over, noticing the white of the tragedy mask on the bloodied body.

"H-hey, Doc..." He kept his head tilted down.

"Mask, are you alright?"

The Plague Doctor tried to tilt his head up but his glove caught on something sharp. 035 let out a hiss of pain and moved his head away, looking up a bit in the process.

049 froze. Part of Mask's "face" was broke clean off an more cracks followed from the missing piece.

"What happened..." 049's voice was small, unable to talk above a whisper.

"O-one of the MTFs shot me.. missed my host a bit but got me..."

Mask's voice was weak. His eyes were glowing a soft, dim purple. It kept flickering. The Doctor knew what that meant and felt tears begin to well.

"Y-you'll be fine though, r-right? I-it's an easy fi-"

"No.. it's not. Doc.. I'm sorry..."

049 carefully pulled his host into his arms. He knew very well his robes were being covered in blood and black ooze but he could care less.

Mask groaned quietly in pain from the movement but looked at Doc. He shakily lifted a hand and removed the mask.

The Plague Doctor had tears rolling down his cheeks, his blue eyes sparkling slightly from them.

"Don't cry, Simon..." Mask said softly, gently wiping the tears away.

More tears fell as 049 shut his eyes, just holding his lover. Silence fell over the two before 035 suddenly began to sing softly.

"Remember me.. although I have to say goodbye. Remember me.. don't let it make you cry..." His voice slowly got quieter.

"For even if I'm far away, I hold you in my heart. I sing a secret song to you each night we are apart.

"Remember me.. though I have to travel far. Remember me.. each time you hear a sad guitar.

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be. Until you're in my arms again... Remember me..."

Masks voice faded slowly as the light flickered out. 049's soft sobs echoed in the empty room around him.

~~~~~

OOF, MY HEART. So I heard the first bit of this song on TikTok(end me) and this popped into my head. It's sad but I thought I'd share this idea XD

The song I used is Remember Me from Coco.. just... sadder XD

I hope you all enjoyed this!

Seeya!