Chapter 4

Jongdae noticed how Baekhyun was once again completely silent and unresponsive during their breakfast.

"Did you have ... that dream again ... ?" Jongdae asked worryingly.

Baekhyun looked up from his cereals, "Y-Yeah. But don't worry, it's nothing."

As Baekhyun spoke, Jongdae noticed how tired and fragile his best friend looked, as if he haven't slept well for days. He just nodded as response and didn't press for more information since Baekhyun clearly seemed uncomfortable talking about it.

He'll tell me when he's ready. Jongdae thought to himself as he continued eating his toast.

"Don't you have any classes today?" Baekhyun checked his bag, making sure he took everything with him.

"I do but I'm skipping today because I promised I'd visit Minseok at work," Jongdae was glowing as soon as he talked about his crush.

"What about me?" Baekhyun started pouting.

"Eh, you'll be fine. S'not like you don't have any friends besides me," Jongdae scoffed before he shifted his gaze towards his phone again as it vibrated.

Baekhyun sighed as he saw how Jongdae was talking excitedly over the phone. Probably Minseok.

"Hey, Kyungsoo! How's life? We haven't seen each other for a while," Baekhyun walked up to Kyungsoo as soon as he saw him entering his class.

"As always," Kyungsoo shrugged, "What about you? You seem quite busy these days."

Baekhyun chuckled, "Really? Guess I was just too occupied with presentations and stuff."

They talked for a while and then bid each other goodbye before Baekhyun went to his classes.

Baekhyun threw his bag around one of his shoulders as he slowly trailed behind a huge crowd of students who were leaving the building as well. As he was in the midst of walking through the campus, a familiar voice called after him, stopping the male in his tracks as he turned around.

"Yah, Baek!" Baekhyun turned around and saw Sehun running towards him. "What are you doing here? ...Wait, you enrolled in this college?" the smaller asked in suprise.

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Sehun stopped in front of Baekhyun. "Oh, yeah. This was the only decent college around here that still accepts students in the middle of the year." Baekhyun formed an 'O' with his mouth as he nodded.

They talked while they both walked home since they were basically neighbors.

"Where's Chen-hyung?" The taller suddenly asked. "Probably scaring customers away with his loud ass voice at Lay and Minseok's cafe," Baekhyun scoffed.

"Just let it out already," Baekhyun sighed as he saw how Jongdae returned from his visit with a bright smile on his face, that he didn't even bother to hide all the way home. As soon as Baekhyun said that he instantly regretted it because Jongdae started screaming at the top of his lungs and Baekhyun wondered why their neighbors haven't complained or sued them yet. Then his best friend threw himself onto their sofa next to his best friend and told Baekhyun everything with all the details.

"Okay, so far you guys just talked. What's so special about that?" Baekhyun butted in.

"Alright, here comes the juicy part: He told me, that he's gonna visit his parents next week and he invited me to come with him! HE WANTS ME TO MEET HIS PARENTS!!! DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?!" Baekhyun flinched as Jongdae's voice got louder without any warning.

"Uh, that's ... cool? So are you guys like ... a thing now or?" Baekhyun looked at him in confusion.

"You could say, unofficially," Jongdae grinned.

"You haven't asked or confessed yet, have you?" Baekhyun shook his head as Jongdae's cheeks turned pink and silence fell onto the room. "Dude, man up, will ya!? He's obviously into you too (as weird as his taste is) so just marry each other already," Baekhyun continued as Jongdae was unexpectedly quiet.

"You really think so?" Jongdae's eyes sparked and he was smiling. Baekhyun just nodded. After a moment of silence, Jongdae suddenly jumped up, "Aight. I'll ask him next week when the time's right."

He then turned to Baekhyun, "I swear if he rejects me, I'm gonna blame you and make your life a living hell." With that he went to his room while laughing evilly. Baekhyun let out a long sigh and stared playing games on his phone.

As the sky slowly started to darken, Baekhyun was about to go to the kitchen when Jongdae rushed out of his room out of the blue. "What the—"

"Aish, I almost forgot about today!" Jongdae shouted and expected Baekhyun to know what he was talking about.

"Today? What's toda— Ouch! What the hell, man?" Baekhyun carefully rubbed the spot Jongdae had hit him.

"Uhm, hello? Our annual tradition?"

"..."

"What tra— OH!"

Jongdae shook his head in disappointment while Baekhyun cursed at himself for being so forgetful. They stared at each other for a while before both of them shouted at the same time.

"It's your turn!"

"Wait, no!"

"Let's settle this in the old-fashioned way then."

"Fine. Prepare to lose."

"..."

"Gawi, bawi, bo!" (Rock, paper, scissors)

"Fuck! You cheated!"

"I did not! What the fuck?"

Baekhyun sighed in defeat as Jongdae danced in victory. After a while, Baekhyun accepted his defeat and hoped that Jongdae wouldn't come up with something impossible.

"What's your dare for me this year?" Baekhyun watched as Jongdae furrowed his brows, deep in his thoughts.

Silence fell onto the room.

Baekhyun groaned in impatience as he dropped himself on the sofa, slightly closing his eyes. Suddenly Jongdae spoke up.

"I dare you," Jongdae paused dramatically which made Baekhyun impatient but also more curious than ever, "to audition for SM Entertainment."

Baekhyun's eyes widened in shock while Jongdae grinned in satisfaction.

"Yeah, no. Not gonna happen. Over my dead body."

"But you have to do it! It's our tradition! Or you'll have to deal with the ... consequences."

"Aish, fine! Whatever. I won't get accepted anyway. I don't know why the fuck you'd think this is a good idea," Baekhyun shrugged in annoyance while Jongdae smiled happily.

"You'll be thanking me later."

Meanwhile Chanyeol was lying on his bed. His mind kept wandering back to Baekhyun, the small cute guy who saved him and he was sure he had met him somewhere before. He closed his eyes and then opened them again. That was it!

He sat up and grabbed his phone. Then he typed something into a searching machine and smiled down at his device in satisfaction.

Now all I have to do, is making sure to catch you on time ...

With his mind finally being at ease, Chanyeol slept well for the first time in months due to his stress and tight schedules.