Cuddles [Lawrence x Reader]

It's been days since Judy disappeared.   Every moment you spend in the classroom you used to share with her feels like torture.  What went wrong?  You finally met someone you used to know, you finally had a friend.  And what?  She just.....vanished? It was hard for you to accept.  Everything was getting to be too much.  Scarlett was  always yelling at you, believing that you were guilty.

      It's too much.  You feel so empty.  You're alone again, in that classroom you used to share.  Sitting in that classroom you can feel the loneliness crushing you. It feels like you are going to go insane.  You sigh.  Then, all of a sudden you remember what Lawrence had said to you, right after Judy went missing.  "If you ever need someone to talk to, I'll be here."

     You spent a while contemplating, but eventually made up your mind.  You were going to go to Lawrence's room.  You didn't want to be alone anymore.  Slowly, so no noise could be heard, you slid open your door and crept out into the hallway.  While on the short walk to Lawrence's classroom you thought about how abandoned everything looked.  To some degree it looked like how a normal school would at this time of day.   It makes you remember the time when you and a friend snuck into your old school.  You both walked around the hallways, made jokes, broke into people's lockers.  The thought made you giggle a bit.  Until you once again were hit with the sad truth, nothings normal anymore, it's all ruined.  You wonder about what ever happened to them.  Were they okay?  You prayed that they were.

      You approached Lawrence's room.  The sight of it washed away all the horrible  thoughts you had.  You took a deep breath and lightly knocked on the door.  As quietly as you could( with him actually having to hear it inside his room) you whispered, "Lawrence?"

      After a few moments you heard stirring inside the room.  The door soon opened. Before you was Lawrence, his hair messy (messier than usual at least) and his glasses a bit crooked.  You had never seen him so disheveled.  You giggled a bit.  Noticing your laughter, Lawrence straightened his glasses and gave you a kind smile.  "Mc...What brings me the pleasure of you coming here?"

      Oh jeez, that damned smile.  You could feel your heart racing already. Fumbling over your words a bit , but somehow managing to form a sentence you say, “Uhhh, well remember that time you said you'd always be there for me to speak with?”

     Lawrence seemed a bit confused but nodded, “Yeah?”

     “Well… I really don’t want to be alone right now and I think that I need someone to talk to. I’m sorry if I woke you, you really don’t have to say yes.”

       You'd be lying if you said you weren’t nervous right now.   You had said he didn’t have to say yes, but let’s face it.   How were you going to survive if he says no?   Your anxiety was going through the roof now . Calm down, calm down.  It’s going to be okay .  You looked at Lawrence's face, surprised to see that he looked thrilled.  Happiness coloring his voice he responded with, “It's fine, I'd love to chat with you.  It’s my duty as the leader after all. “

       You let out a sigh of relief.  See?  It's fine.  Nothing to get worked up over.  Lawrence stepped aside so you could enter the room.  Walking through the doorway you saw that his classroom wasn’t that different from your own.  There was a table in the center of the room that had a blanket laid on it and all the desks were pushed to the back of the room.   After thinking about it for a bit you decided to walk over to the table and sit on it.  You could feel warmth coming from it, so you assumed that Lawrence was  laying there before you came along.  You could feel Lawrence's eyes on you. You looked up to meet his eyes and motioned him to sit with you.  Soon enough, Lawrence was sitting on the table with you.

“So, do you have anything in particular you need to talk about?” Lawrence asked, his voice soft and calming.

“Hmmmm, Why don’t we ask each other questions? So we can get to know each other a bit better. I feel like we never get any opportunities to talk.” You gave a small smile.

Lawrence smiled a bit more in response. “Yeah sounds good. Do you wanna go first?”

“Sure. How about- What do you wanna do when you get older? Whenever the world is back to normal?”

Lawrence let out a small laugh, “I want to be baker!”

“Woah! That’s super cool! Hehe, I love sweets so I'm sure I’d like anything you make.”

           It was true. You absolutely loved treats. Your mom used to make pastries when you were younger.  They were always yummy and it made you happy that you got to spend time with her.  The thought of your mom brought your mood soaring but then quickly it fell.  Was your mom even okay?  You had promised that you would eat with her the day this had all started.  The day the apocalypse started.   Suddenly it was too much, you could feel the tears start to fall down your cheeks.

          Lawrence looked shocked and concerned as he asked you what was wrong.  You couldn’t find it in yourself to even reply.  You just kept sobbing.  Suddenly your vision went dark and you felt a warmth around you.  It took you a second to realize that Lawrence had pulled you into his arms.  Even though you’d usually been embarrassed, you were honestly lacking the warmth of another person.  When’s the last time you’ve been hugged?  You started settling yourself into Lawrence's warm embrace.  Lawrence soothingly started to run your hair through his fingers.  You could slowly feel yourself start to calm down, and eventually you feel asleep that way.  Quietly, Lawrence whispered to you, “I love you.”