FORTY VI

Monday:
3:30Pm

Adalisa paced back and forth around the hallway, hiding behind the wall, watching the the detention room, to see who was going in.

So far it was the regular delinquents, Nathan, Cody and his friends. Despite Cody being the schools favourite he was always getting into trouble and would spend his afternoon in the detention room, well that's when he felt like turning up.

Adalisa stilled as he watched Sam entering the room, her heart picked up pace as she waited for anyone else to enter the room but there wasn't any other girl.

Damn it, she cursed.

She turned around, ready to skip detention, but turned right back when she remembered her dad would not be happy if school called in to inform him she skipped detention, but quickly turned away again and stood in the middle of the hallway, confused.

Was I ready? she asked herself. Her friends thought she was being dramatic and should just tell the guy who she was, but they didn't understand, she didn't wanna face rejection or see him be disappointed when he finds out who she was.

But she thought to herself, it's not like he likes her or anything, they're only friends. And with that thought, she turned back around and walked straight up to the door and now it was to late to turn back because the teacher saw her and gestured for her to come inside.

She sighed, slowly opening the door, turning her head so her hair fell enough to cover her face,

"You're late, go take a seat," the teacher said, turning back to his papers.

She sat down on the first empty seat she could find, which happened the the one closest to the door, she quickly sat down and placed her head down on the desk. Maybe he won't see my face at all, she thought

She breathed a sigh of relief, I'm fine.