FIFTY

Monday
7:46pm

Adalisa leaned on her lockers, her mind pacing around, this would be the first time she'd see Sam after revealing her identity, they talked a lot after that, he asked her about how they first met;

Tyler's 18th Birthday party.
1:02am:

Adalisa was officially done, the one friend that dragged her here was drunk and searching for a bed to wake up in next morning.

Sighing and shaking her head, she walked outside, realising that she had no ride home and it's whether call her crazy dad or walk home.

Walk home sounds better, she thought.

She walked out the house, just as she passed a few houses she noticed someone sitting on the sidewalk.

The guy was sat hunched over, Adalisa wasn't sure to approach or not, but she had thought that this might have been someone who strayed away from the party.

And if they were drunk, something could happen to them, so just to make sure she approached him.

"Excuse me, are you okay?" She asked, staring down at the hunched over boy, who's head snapped up at the voice.

Adalisa was shocked to see that this was Sam Collins, the Sam collins. She stared gaped at him, unsure of what to do.

This was the guy she'd been crushing on since sophomore year, since she saw him sticking up for a freshman that was being bullied by a junior. The guy that she knew she never could have.

Suddenly Sam grabs he wrist, pulling her down to sit besides him, "hello," He slurred, as he stared at Adalisa's face, trying to get a clearer image but failing.

"How much did you even drink?" Adalisa asked, more to herself but Sam still decided to answer, "only like 2 shots, I swear I didn't touch anything else,"

Adalisa gave him a blank look and nods her head, "I'm sure you didn't, come on, I'll help you back inside," she tried to stand up, only to me pulled back down my Sam.

"Let's stay outside, it's so nice here, I don't think I've ever been out here, have you seen those sparkly rainbow things when you look up?" He randomly rambles

Adalisa rolls her eyes while sighing, "Sam, you're on the pavement and I think you're here every Saturday night,"

Sam looks confused as he asks, "who's Sam?"

Adalisa smacks her forehead in annoyance while thinking to herself, what have I gotten myself into...?

He suddenly pulls his phone out of his pocket, "I'm gonna do it?!" He says with so much determination. Erm what...?

"Do what?" Adalisa says with caution, while staring at him fidgeting with his phone.

Sam suddenly smiles, "Text Riley,"

Adalisa stared at Sam in confusion as he held a dreamy smile on his face while mumbling, "Riley, Riley, Riley. She's the best, I really wish she was mine though, you know she has the prettiest smile ever, ahhh, Riley."

And just like that Adalisa's heart broke again, hearing that the guy she had the longest crush on had a thing for one of her best friend was heart breaking.

But of course he'd like Riley, who doesn't? Adalisa thought as she looked down at her lap, while Sam continued to mumble random things.

That night she managed somehow drag Sam back to the party and leave him in an empty room upstairs as she walked back home, the feeling of defeat weighing her down.

Why was it never her? She asked herself that question again. Why?

Present
7:50pm

Adalisa frowned at the memory of their first meeting but brushed it of and smiled as she remembered how things have changed.

She stood up from her locker, ready to head to finally walk to homeroom, luckily they didn't share that class together.

But that didn't stop them from meeting, because Sam stood on the other end of the hallway she was in.

He glances up, his eyes meeting Adalisa's, they both stood frozen unsure of what to do, ignoring the other students walking around them because, in that moment it was just them.

Suddenly Sam's lips move, pulling up in a sweet smile, causing Adalisa to return his smile.

This was the beginning of something, they both thought.