Chapter 2

Alonzo*
We went home and got ready for the banquet. I told Amy to have Melissa ready when I get there. I was getting dressed and Jalisha walked up.

"You looked handsome tonight baby."

"Thank you." I said as I leaned down and kissed her.

"You are beautiful yourself." I said fixing my tie.

"Thanks babe. Can I talk to you for a second?"

Jalisha walked to me and started fixing my tie as she talked.

"Sure what's up?"

"I was wondering. Since Melissa has around the clock care and is awakened do you think it will be best to allow Kwan to move in with his mama?"

I just stared at Jalisha.

"Why must we go through this again? I told you Kwan will stay here with us period."

"But I'm not understanding why would you make him stay here? You told me 10 years ago this was just until she regains her memory and wake up. She has done both."

"Jalisha Melissa is not in a state to take care of herself let alone meet the needs of Kwan. So I will say this for the last time the answer is no. Now can you please finish getting ready and check on Amira to make sure she's decent?"

"Fine." She said walking off to see about Amira.

Jalisha*
I swear this is not moving along at all with Melissa and Kwan. Now yes we get along but I don't feel we should still have Kwan here. His mom is well capable of taking care of him.

Alonzo gonna keep helping anyway so why does it matter where he stay? I walked in Amira room and she was putting on her shoes.

"Mama do this look good together?"

"Yes baby it does."

"Well I feel I should change my clothes." She said looking at herself in her mirror.

"Baby you are fine. Just come on let's go downstairs and wait on your daddy."

"You ok mommy?" Amira asked facing her mom.

"Yes I'm fine."

"You don't sound like it."

"Amira I'm fine. Come on. Lets wait downstairs."

Amira*
Mommy is acting a little weird. The last time she acted like this was when we was going to check on mama Melissa. I will be so glad when those two get along.

I mean come on it's been 10 years. She married daddy and all. I don't see the point to why she keep doing Kwan and Mama Melissa this way.

We are all family. I followed mommy downstairs and sat on the sofa. Kwan was already dressed and sitting down.

"You look nice Kwan." Amira said smiling.

"Thank you Amira. So do you."

I blushed and sat down.