Chapter 1 (Gorman's POV)

Chapter 1...

I walked in the Smash mansion along with other newcomers and other Inklings. "This is so cool!" Amber, the yellow Inkling said. "I know, right?" Neroli, the orange Inkling said. I stayed fairly quiet. "I agree with Amber!" Aoi, the blue Inkling said. "I can't wait to do matches!" Clover, the green Inkling said. "I agree!" Rose, the pink Inkling. "I heard that we will meet the fighters here!" Violet, the purple Inkling said. "Yep!" Indicus, the indigo Inkling said. "What do you think, Gorman?" Violet said. I still stayed quiet and walked on ahead. 

Violet showed concern through her face. "I have no idea what's up with him." Neroli said. "Me neither." Daisy said.  "Maybe it's something concerning him." Ken said. Every newcomer shrugged. 

I looked at my room key. It was a little bit blurry because without my glasses, I can't see. I reached into my bag to reveal a pale turquoise glasses case. I put on my glasses. "Room C-23." I read quietly. I looked all around the rooms. None of these rooms were C-23. I walked around the hallway. Jeez, there are too many hallways. I saw a snack table with fruits. I took a apple and ate parts of it as I walked around.

I looked around and then I realized something. I was lost. "Oh no...I'm lost." I quietly muttered to myself. I kept walking around. "Ah...shoot." I said. I looked at the paper. "It says that I have a roommate." I said. I kept looking all around. I finally found the room. "Ah, right here." I said and unlocked the door. 

The room was literally beautiful. It looked like a bedroom of a penthouse. I removed my glasses and put them back in my glasses case. Suddenly, I saw a kid. "Who are you?" I asked to him. He looked up from reading his book. "Oh! You must be one of the newcomers, yes?" He asked to me. I nodded. "Um...yes."

He went happy. "I'm Young Link! Your roommate!" He said to me. "W-well, nice to meet you too." I said quietly. Young Link smiled. "Well, you know my name." He said. "What's yours?"

I began blushing. I was a shy type of an Inkling. "I-I'm...Gorman." I said quietly. "Nice to meet you, Gorman!" Young Link said to me happily. I smiled.

I reached into my bag for my glasses case. Once I pulled it out, Young Link saw it. "Are those your glasses?" He asked to me. I nodded. "Yeah. Without thm, my vision is blurry." I replied to him.

Young Link smiled even more. "I think they are cute!" He said. I looked at him. "You really think so?" I asked. He nodded. "I know so!" He said happily. I smiled at first but it became a frown.

"What's wrong?" He asked to me, his voice filled with concern. "When I wore these...people thought of me as a freak." I said. "I was bullied for wearing these glasses." I felt tears coming in my eyes. Every single time I remember it, I would cry about it. Young Link saw the tears. He then wiped them off. I turned to him to see a warm smile on his face. "Don't cry." He said to me. "If anyone makes fun of you, I'll teach them a lesson." I smiled after he said that.

I think me being in Smash along with others won't be bad.