Chapter 5

I was changing in the girls locker room for my afternoon classes. Into my gym clothes, that is. My costume was still being made, so I had to wait a little bit longer. Besides, everyone was wearing their gym clothes, anyways.

Uraraka was tittering away with the other girls, which I myself was a little too shy to approach. But there was one girl who strayed away from the group. The girl with the short violet hair and earphone jacks, the one who asked me what my quirk was this morning when I introduced myself to the class.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to her. "Hey, your that girl who asked me what my quirk was in homeroom," I said, catching her attention. "Except I didn't really get your name..."

"Kyoka Jiro," She nodded. "And your Elemental's daughter, (Y/N) (L/N)."

I heaved a sigh, giving an awkward smile. "Yes, the new girl!" I half-joked. "Dreadful, isn't it?"

"I mean, yeah, sure," The girl, Jiro, shrugged. "All 'ya really gotta do is fit in and get settled with UA, (L/N)."

Glancing around at the locker room, I saw it was just an ordinary locker room. With, well, lockers, benches, people's bags...

My eyes lit up when I saw an Imagine Dragons t-shirt hanging out of Jiro's bag. "You listen to Imagine Dragons?" I marveled. "I love them! Especially their new album, Evolve!" 

Jiro stared quizzically at me for a second until her eyes trailed over to her bag. She must've found out that I noticed the shirt. "Yeah, I'm a big fan," She said. "But I can debate that their album Night Visions is better."

"True, it has all of Imagine Dragon's classics in that album, but still, Evolve puts on a more modern style, still sticking to their normal music style."

"But 'Demons', and 'On Top of The World' and tons of other classics!"

"Wait a second," I smirked. "Do you know someone made an a capella mashup of all Imagine Dragon's hits? It has songs from both Night Visions and Evolve."

"I didn't," Jiro admitted. "Is it good?"

"Totally rules."  

"Okay," Jiro gave me a grin. "I have got to check this out."

"'Imagine Dragons Medley' by Jared Halley," I recited. "On YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, and probably more. He has a website with the song on it, too."

Jiro quickly dug into her bag and pulled out what looked like a small business card, and handed it to me. "I have a bunch of these printed out. It has my info on it, so you can message me and stuff."

"Oh, that's really cool!" I exclaimed. I took the card from her and slipped it into my bag. "The medley also has songs from Smoke + Mirrors, too."

"Yes!" She pumped a fist into the air. 

"Come on, you two!" The girl Yaoyorozu called after me and Jiro. "Class is gonna start!"

The two of us caught up to the others as we walked out into the gym. All the other boys were already out and ready in their gym clothes, including Izuku and Katsuki.

"Rocking the uniform, (Y/N)!" Katsuki gave me a thumbs up as I ran up to the two of them, giving Jiro a small wave goodbye. "Suits you well!"

"Thanks," I nodded. "You guys also look pretty cool, too."

The gym was huge, with tall ceilings and tons of sports equipment, the walls lined with green padding near the floor. There was a track set up with hurdles, weights, punching bags, basically a training playground.  Basketball hoops and ropes hung high from the ceiling, the windows high up so it probably had a lesser chance of shattering. The lights lit up the gym from every corner.