Yet Another Fight

(Dream's POV)

I watched as Ink was pushing Killer back and Blueberry struggling with Dust. I kept firing my arrows at my brother, who was avoiding them with ease. He looked annoyed, which is pretty common since I stop him from causing chaos in the multiverse. But I wasn't in the mood to fight him this time. I felt sad, which in retrospect probably wasn't the best mood considering he was stronger with negative feelings.

One of Nightmare's tentacles knock me off my feet, propelling me into another tree.

"Hehe, you seem sad Dream." Nightmare chuckled at my pain. I try to grab my bow, but he grabs me by the neck with another tentacle and drags me to him. 

"Dream!" Blueberry yelled to me.

"This is new seeing everyone's ball of positivity all sad. It suits you well." He continued with a sadistic grin across his skull. Due to the black goop covering his body, the smile looked like sharp white fangs. It honestly looked terrifying. With the tentacle choking me, I could barely make out the words I wanted to say.

"I'm...sorry." The grip loosened a little bit. I opened my eyes, staring into the blue eye of my brother. He was glaring at me harshly.

"What."

"I'm sorry this happened to you. I should have noticed...you were in pain. I could've helped you. But I didn't. I-" However, the tentacle propelled me into the air where he slammed me into the ground. He repeated this several more times, even the two evil skeleton that blindly followed him were watching us. I wheezed in pain as Nightmare growled. He picked my up, breathing in anger.

"You shut up! I don't care for apologies!" He then threw me against another tree. I counted, and that was the fifth tree he rammed me into.

"Killer, Dust, let's get out of here. I'm not interested in this place anymore."

"But weren't we going to recruit-" Dust started, but Nightmare's glare instantly shut them up as they teleported away. All there was left was a torn forest battlefield, me and a slightly injured Ink and Blueberry. Blue ran to me and picked me up, worry visible in his bright eyes.

"Are you okay Dream? Is there anything the magnificent Blueberry can do for you?"

I managed to put on a smile. "It's okay Blue. It's just a few bruises." I say as blood drips off my teeth. Such irony.

"You sure?" He insisted.

"Yeah, my big brother wouldn't kill me." 

"He certainly didn't hesitate to injure you though." Ink then cut in emotionlessly. I gave a nervous chuckle while he wiped the snow off his brown scarf and pointed toward Underfell's version of Snowdin. "Well, I was going to let Fell Sans know what happened in the forest. Hopefully, he'll not want to punch us. Want to come Blue, just in case he does?"

Blue looked back at me before nodding. "Sure. I can help calm everyone down with tacos! Dream?" They know both looked at me. On one hand, I wanted to come. To make everyone feel safe, relieved and not scared. But something tugged at me, and I wanted to be alone. Just for now.

I shook my head as I forced myself back on my feet.

"Actually, I was going to see if Nightmare escaped to another Au. Just to make sure he's not causing trouble." I lied. But it worked, Ink just smiled and gave a nod as the two headed toward Snowdin. Then, using whatever energy I had left, I teleported away. I went back home, or at least what was left of it.

My home Dreamtale.

The sky was dark with clouds, the sun not peeking at all. Buildings which were once homes to the monsters and humans were destroyed, roofs blown outward and walls collapsed. I headed toward the clearing the far side of the village. A single large tree stump laid on top of a hill, with a little stone on top of it. It was a memorial to mom, the spirit that gave me and Nightmare life.

I sat and leaned against it as the bruises on my bones healed. However, I still felt crushed. I felt lonely. I missed the times where I would play around the tree with my brother, where he would trick me into running into him. I miss reading books left by the surrounding people, falling asleep as my brother read it to me. I miss hanging off the tree, where Nightmare would catch me when I fell. The stories he would make up on the spot. The creative ideas he came up with, and the mischief we would get into. I miss him. I miss my brother.

I couldn't stop the people from attacking him when he took a golden apple. He didn't mean it, I know he didn't. He ate the dark apple and got turned into...that. I could still make out the last words he told me before he turned into what he is now. I could never forget it, it was like the wound left behind when you got stabbed.

"Please...don't forget who I used to be."

I wrapped my arms around my knees and pulled them to my chest. I knew no one was around, so golden tears streamed down my face. I sobbed into my cape that Nightmare gave me when he was still "him", my sobbing echoing in the silent sky.

I want my brother back. I just want my life back.

A/N: Wow, that got sad quickly! While this may have started out sad for my liking, it will get better I promise. ^-^