VI

𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 stack of papers in her hands

     𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐁𝐄𝐋 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 stack of papers in her hands. She manages to get it into a relatively neat pile, her ears ringing with the polite chatter amongst her students in the classroom.

     “Professor Bubblegum,” one of her students, Earl, approached her desk, his blonde hair slightly ruffled, black eyes twinkling. Earl was one of her top students, and she never stopped feeling proud whenever she saw him.

     Too bad that his sour attitude didn’t usually allow anybody near him, and he didn’t have any friends at all in the entire class.

     Admittedly, Bonnibel treats him like how she’d treat her children, if she ever had any. She felt sorry for the boy, and it usually showed. He was a little sociopathic and rude to others, but he always showed his pleasant side to Bonnibel.

     “Yes, Earl?”

     She gives him a sweet smile, and he grins softly back, and she is again gripped with the impulse to just squeeze all the sourness out of him so that other people could see how sweet he was.

     “I was wondering if you have looked at our dissectories over the weekend,”

     Bonnibel freezed up, suddenly remembering the stack of unforgotten papers on her desk at the apartment. She runs a tense hand through her pink tresses, feeling slightly guilty about how she had completely shoved the thought of dissectories out of her brain when Marceline had come around.

     “So sorry, Earl, but I’m not done with them yet. Maybe tomorrow?”

     The whispers amongst the class was getting louder and louder then, so Bonnibek adjusts her glasses, and raised her voice to them.

     “Please keep your volume down!”

     Phoebe turns her head to her professor, her black eyes sprakling with amusement as she points to the classroom windows that lined the hall. The other students were also crowded around the windows, and seemed to be discussing something, their fingers pointing and eyes widened.

     “Who’s that? She’s so pretty!” Another student commented, and her friend agrees. Other words of similar basis were being thrown around, leading Bonnibel to raise a brow.

     What, or who, could possibly be so enchanting?

     Earl moves aside so that the Chemistry professor could make her way to the window, and Bonnibel ushers the students gently away from the window, letting her take a look for herself.

     To her pleasant surprise, Marceline was leaning against the walls of the hall, her body in a black bomber jacket and legs in a dark skinny. Her green eyes were focused on the Switch console in her hand, and airpods plugged softly into her ears. Black locks fall in waves over her pale forehead, neck, and shoulders, and Bonnibel feels a spark of pride growing in her chest.

     Teaching a student successfully had its own pride, but seeing her girlfriend draw so much attention alit a stronger, more passionate feeling.

     “Oh,”

     Bonnibel says, smiling gently, and her students eye her weirdly as the professor grabs her bag and the files on her desk, and leaves the classroom.

     She runs a hasty hand through pink strands, and dusts down her white blouse and black jeans, walking confidently towards Marceline as her students looked on.

     “Hey,” she laughs, glad to see her after a long day of teaching and marking, and she grabs the collar of Marceline’s jacket, startling the taller girl as Bonnibel pulls her in for a soft kiss.

     The sweet taste of strawberry leaves her lips when Marceline pulls away, and is replaced with her sweet scent.

     “Hey.” Marceline frowns slightly, her green eyes flitting from Bonnibel to the Switch console, a hand drifting to Bonnibel’s waist. “Shit, my Eevee’s unconscious.”

     Bonnibel rolls her eyes and lets go of Marceline’s jacket, relishing the warmth of her hand as she leans into her girlfriend’s body.

     “What’re you doing here?”

     Marceline smiles down at her, tightening her hold on Bonnibel’s waist slightly as she removes her airpods and placed them into her pocket.

     “To see you, of course.”

     Bonnibel chuckles and nuzzles her nose into Marceline’s exposed neck, where there were still some love bites left over.

     “You had better be.” She jokes, straightening and tugging on Marceline’s jacket. “Come on, lessons are over. Let’s go to this spaghetti place. Its salmon-and-mushroom pasta’s pretty amazing.”

     Marceline grins and nods, tucking her Switch away into the inner pocket of her jacket and intertwining her fingers with Bonnibel’s.

     “My treat.”

   thanks for reading, yo!    also, bumblebee is c a n o n

   also, bumblebee is c a n o n.
   hell yes.

joyfulweirdo.
29.1.2019.