mission report - kate bishop

for another challenge winner! i actually love this so much. i wrote the first 200ish words during school.

sorry for not posting yesterday, i got busy.

**********

It started out as a usual Monday morning when you went downstairs for breakfast. Unfortunately, that was the only "usual" thing. In the Avengers Compound, there was no "usual."

As soon as you got downstairs, it was pitch black. You reached for the light switch, and you jerked your hand away because there was a slight electric shock that poked you. Suddenly, a flashlight switched on, shining directly on someone's face.

"Kate? Is this necessary?" you groaned, slouching against the wall. "Where is the rest of the team?"

"Agent Bishop to you, agent," Kate snapped in an intimidating. "And they're on a mission," she replied cheerfully before returning to her dark theme.

Being one of the Young Avengers isn't the most fun. They only take you on missions if your abilities are needed. In this case, you and Kate were the only ones home.

"However, I am giving a mission to you," Kate growled, sliding a very thin file folder across the table.

It read:

COFFEE: MISSING

[ THIRTY MINUTES LATER ]

You and Kate pulled up to Walmart in a sleek, black Tesla. What you thought was more over the top, was the fact that Kate made you wear a black, FBI-looking suit on this mission.

"This is ridiculous," you mumbled under your breath.

Kate ignored you, and just stood with her arms crossed, staring at Walmart in front of the Tesla with her black shades. Civilians eyeballed the two of your like they were about to get arrested, or just liked some plain old clowns.

She turned to you and removed her sunglasses. Her eyes stared deep into yours. "This is our target," Kate began. "I suspect that they have what we're looking for."

You rolled your eyes again and sighed, "fine, I'll buy the goddamn coffee." You began to walk inside, but something hit you in the back and dragged you to the car. Plucking an arrow from your back, you knew she wasn't going to let you off the hook unless you called Clint, but that could be dangerous if they're on a mission.

"No, no, [Y/N], we're not going to buy the coffee," she sneered. "Clint would kill me if I drank all of his coffee..."

Kate zoned out for a second, and you raised your eyebrows. "So, we're going to steal the coffee?" you groaned.

"Precisely!" Kate chirped. "At 12 o'clock midnight, we will be back in here, ready to infiltrate the coffee kidnapper."

You nodded to go along with her plan, even though you had one of your own. She started rambling about the plan and about Clint finding out that she drank all of his coffee as if she was a 5 year old.

As soon as you got home, you ran to your room and called up Walmart. "Hey," you choked, trying to not laugh at your following words. "I'm going to need to steal some coffee."

[ MIDNIGHT ]

Kate safely landed the Tesla at the back of the parking lot. Of course you were in a flying Tesla, because you're an Avenger, and who wouldn't want a flying Tesla?

She handed you a map of the Walmart that she printed off from the internet. Since the last time you  were in there, this seemed pretty accurate. Your eyes found the coffee section almost immediately.

"Do you remember the plan?" Kate asked. All you could do was nod.

The two of you were wearing invisibility suits that were often used to infiltrate enemy bases... not Walmart.

"You know, Stark will beat you if he finds out you used these to rob a Walmart," you said, and Kate just shrugged.

Of course, she just cared about Clint getting mad that he drank his coffee, and not Tony getting mad that she used his high-tech suit. As you approached the front doors, invisible, of course, Kate slid open the front doors.

"Someone will be getting fired," Kate mumbled as the nonchalantly strolled inside as if she wasn't robbing the Walmart.

Within minutes- no- seconds, Kate was shoveling coffee grounds into her arms. She was so focused on not dropping the tower of coffee containers, she didn't notice the mesmerized, young, employee standing at the end of the isle.

As Kate rushed out, you quickly slipped the boy $50 and began jogging after Kate. When you got to the car, you helped her finish stuffing the last half of the containers into the car, which took 5 minutes.

"Mission accomplished," you said, as the Tesla took off.