i miss you - peter parker

oof a rough topic 😭 i may or may not have sobbed

but this is for a challenge winner

**********

"Hey, Pete," you sighed, dumping your books on the desk next to your best friend's. "Another day in the life."

"You got that right," Peter chuckled, putting his pencil down to face you.

You smiled brightly and sat down in the very, uncomfortable desk. Flash walked into the semi-empty classroom, and you averted your eyes down, to your desk. Ever since you first arrived at Midtown, Flash has been on your ass. Peter, Ned and MJ have been your only buds.

"What's up, dipwads," Flash spat, laughing to himself as he tossed his notebook on the desk on the other side of you.

"Why don't you shut up," Peter huffed, rolling his eyes and glaring at him.

"It speaks," Flash retaliated with a raise of his brow.

"I can't believe you," you scoffed, shaking your head. "You're low, Flash. So low."

"Your self esteem is too," he cackled, walking out of the classroom.

[ --------------- ]

You tossed your lunch box on the cafeteria table, and slid on the bench. Ned and Peter were already stuffing their face with food across from you. MJ strolled into the cafeteria and settled next to you on the bench.

"Sup losers," she said, making you laugh a bit.

Everyone said their greetings, and you began to eat. It was awkwardly quiet, and you could tell no one had anyone to say, so you brought up a bit of a risky topic.

"So, uh, how's work," you asked Peter, and he raised one of his eyebrows at you, mid-chewing.

He just nodded before swallowing the lump of food in his mouth. "It's going," Pete said plainly, taking another bite of his sandwich.

"That's good," you, MJ and Ned muttered in unison.

[ ---------------- ]

"Peter Benjamin Parker, I swear," you sobbed into the speaker of your phone. "Please.."

"I'm sorry, [Y/N]," his voice on the other end cracked when he said your name. "I love you, and I will come back. I'm so sorry."

You tried to protest, but all you could hear was static through your phone. Tears poured out of yours eyes as you looked out of the bus window, looking at the donut of a space ship. A small dot of red appeared and disappeared from view.

Ned and MJ were frantic, and you could tell they were upset. The three of you then hugged each other for the rest of your bus ride.

[ ------------ ]

Why did you have to leave me?

I miss you.

You wiped your tear stained cheek as you placed the slip of paper next to the candles.