Slow Dancing (in the dark)

Info
Song: Slow Dancing In The Dark - Joji
Note: Welcome to the book! I decided to just get straight in with the stories, so here's something cute/sad to begin with based on a requested song. Enjoy!

Story
Entangled red and blue limbs, the crimson's thumb brushing lightly along the spine of an ocean blue; lost, perusing. Phoenix - the name rolled off of the tip of his tinted tongue with ease. There was no need to peruse. He knew his way around.

They were stagnant, silent, save for the subtle shuffling, starved of sonic imagination. Tranquility daintily skipped around, Miles and Phoenix's hibernating lips spilling every secret known to mankind. They were beautiful. A sapphire hand - soft, laced with innocence - lightly, gently, clung to crimson fabric about a slowly rising and falling chest. Gracefully, ocean blue was invited closer, huddling at warm proximity. Nothing was exchanged except the steady breaths, whispering to each other in nonsensical lexicon and intertwined bodies.

It stayed like this for a time, tentative and slow. An elusive entanglement. A slow dance in the dark, until something changed. The rhythmic language they'd created, strewn in their purple universe, had become somewhat incorrigible - shallow, lopsided. The thick blanket of darkness smothered everything, starving one of oxygen. Red's grip was choking, sabotaging. Ocean blue struggled violently, a fit beneath trembling crimson. Sonic imagination was in its prime now, the continual desperation of clinging, clutching squeaking and rugged panting, tossing and turning this way and that; spinning drunkenly without vision.

"Let go of Phoenix!" Sapphire eyes jumped open with a start - trepidation coursing through blue veins as the weight of two trembling, shaking hands clutched his torso close to a similarly trembling, shaking chest.
"Miles," Soft, tentative, but not enough to cease the incessant screaming, the invisible yet present violent streaks of tears slashed across a pale face.
"Miles!" Phoenix cautiously shook the quivering, arching shipwreck of discontentment, his own hands - now also shaking - fumbling around in pursuit of a source of light. He swiftly found it, and the brooding darkness was shooed away by a warm golden glow. The tears were apparent now, gleaming under the light - along with a pair of glazed silver eyes. Miles hadn't let go of him yet, clutching Phoenix endearingly close.

"Miles?" Phoenix nervously echoed, forcing his frozen limbs into an upright position, carefully nudging his husband. Miles's grip lifelessly followed his movement - not letting his waist get more than an inch out of his reach. Two drowning grey pupils, glistening, sluggishly trawled across a pale sea to meet ocean blue.
"Oh my god, Miles..." Phoenix brought a pair of clasped, shaking hands to his lips, willing himself not to let any precipitation leak out of his eyes at the sorry sight.
"Miles I'm here. It's okay, babe, I.. It's all going to be fine." A pair of petrified lips bleated, barely camouflaging the uneven pitch changes in his stumbling voice.
"Miles, please let me know you're okay.." Phoenix subconsciously placed one of his hands atop one of Miles's cool, clinging ones, rubbing it soothingly.
"Phoenix.."
"Miles! T-Thank god you're okay!" His throat was dry, his hands remarked, as he groped the bedside table for a glass of water. Odd. He could have sworn he'd left one there earlier.
"Phoenix, please... Please hug me." The wish was fulfilled within the bat of an eyelid. Crimson arms locked a hugging Phoenix in place, possessive - and perhaps a little mistrustful? -, unwilling to let his husband leave the embrace. No way was Phoenix leaving his sight again, not after that. No sir.

A muffled voice crept out from Miles's chest;
"Miles, what happened? Was it another bad dream?" Miles gripped Phoenix tighter.
"Yes... I'm sorry for waking you again," Phoenix released his spiked head to look up at a forlorn face, biting his lip as he slowly allowed his thumb to glide across the stained pale cheeks, trying to erase any remnants of the affair, shaking his head;
"No, don't apologise," Soft.
"It's not your fault,"
"It's not yours either," Miles gently countered;
"There's no reason for you to have to suffer with me,"
"Miles, I'm not suffering, I love you," Silvery hair passively swayed as Miles allowed his thumbs to continue their perusing of an ocean blue spine. Phoenix tingled all over from the loving touch.
"I love you too, Phoenix, but I'm still adamant about the fact that I've disturbed at least four nights of your well-deserved rest," Sapphire let out a subtle smile into a crimson chest, discreet.
"Fine, I won't debate with you at one in the morning," A reminiscent pause;
"Are you comfortable with sharing your dream with me? It's okay if not, I just feel that..." Phoenix's exploratory tone trailed off as a familiar pair of lips cosily nestled against the exposed skin of his forehead, silvery eyes fluttering shut in solemn prayer, showering his gorgeous, gentle Phoenix in all his idolatry, worshipping his comforting babbling, his flushed cheeks, cradling him as though they were still entangled in a dance beneath the duvet.

When those glittering eyes opened to meet a pair of dazed ethereal blue, any hint or trace of fear appeared to have been steeled. Lost. Perusing the last vestiges of a troubled mind. Phoenix blinked sadly at the enforced evolution; Miles always did this. All sadness, all negative emotion kept well-hidden like a coveted treasure - even from Phoenix, unless unavoidable. It wasn't healthy.
"Miles-"
"Thank you for always being so kind to me, Phoenix," A melting smile;
"But I think it's about time we got some rest,"
"No, Miles." Sapphire swiftly intercepted a crimson arm, denying it contact with the humming light, they were swathed in gold.
"You have a trial tomorrow," Miles gently countered.
"You're more important than any trial," Brilliant, wonderful Phoenix. Blessed Phoenix. Beautiful blue. Red blinked, unmoving, unwilling to move. Miles wanted to stay like that forever: his silvery eyes forever tracing every inch, the warm, yellow illuminations highlighting the man in all the right places; soft pale skin only he'd ever have access to, natural curves shamelessly basking in light, that stunning, irresistibly innocent expression court-goers were blessed with: a passive, troubled crease of the brow dawdling, pink buds - roses - parting ever so slightly in rumination of all sorts of intelligence, gleaming blue eyes: so clever, so endlessly clever and alive, dancing with the waves they created. Miles would break bread with this man for the rest of his life. The man who'd sacrificed everything for him.

He didn't deserve it, he knew he didn't, but a crimson hand brought anarchy within the ranks and Miles wasn't sure if he was in control anymore. Unflinching, it thumbed the corner of the Beloved's cheek.
"Phoenix... God."
"Miles, please don't shut yourself off from me again," Ocean blue pleaded.
"I would never do such a thing. Not to you," Phoenix shook his head, gently coaxing Miles's hand off of his skin in favour of simply interlocking fingers.
"That's a lie,"
"Sorry?"
"You shut me out a moment ago," Crimson shut his eyes tightly, not wanting to see as well as feel that blue, poking, coaxing gaze - he knew he'd give in if he looked for much longer. Phoenix always revealed the truth.
"No, no, Miles.. Please look at me,"
"I don't deserve to look at you."
"What? Don't be silly-"
"I mean it, Phoenix." Miles opened his eyes, watery, and gripped his Beloved firmly by the shoulders. Ocean blue didn't move, barely breathed.
"You do so much for me. You've saved my life dozens of times, forgiven me for heinous acts; And you still adapt to suit me, let me take the reigns.."
"You deserve more than I've given," Phoenix paused;
"If I had money to spare, I'd buy you-"
"No." Red kickstarted the motion again, pulling blue in, snug.
"It's never been about money. It's been about you. It is about you." A hand lingered upon a broad chest, floating on ocean blue, unsteadily tiptoeing. Phoenix blushed.
"I've never done anything except cause grief for you. I couldn't save my father and it pains me to think that if you'd been in that lift I wouldn't have been able to save you, either."
"Hey.." Concernedly shaped black brows scrunched up, Phoenix's free arm reaching out to give Miles what he hoped was a comforting squeeze. DL6 was a raw topic. Too much bloodshed, too many tears shed.
"If I lost you, Phoenix..." Dulled grey eyes met downcast sapphire, twitching fretfully, that chokehold on the blue man returning along with those chilling shivers - those inadvertent jolts of the body.
"So that's what your dream was about, huh?" Miles noted Phoenix's pretty, sorrowful face, wobbling through his watery peripherals, scrutinising his own slender one. Those brilliant blue eyes tentatively came closer, almost seeming as though in surrender, and those sensitive pink lips caused ripples, entirely didactic, emotional. A surge of love.
"It's okay, Miles," A quiet murmur against the ghostly skin of the crimson husband:
"You can cry if you want. You don't have to keep it in any longer," The red man smiled a contorted smile. Only half there. The other half, he knew, was with his Beloved.

With the friendly yellow light streaking their skin in its emitted warmth, the ethereal rays above joining their intertwined bodies for a final slow dance, the ripples streamed out of tired eyes, releasing all the weighty baggage. Heaven needed no suitcase. Heaven was right there, the nude neck Miles had begun to embellish with kiss after kiss. Fuzzy.