End.

"You're leaving? So soon?" Loosely fitting blue and white striped boxers accompanied by an equally baggy, grotty white t-shirt left little to the imagination, the prosecutor mused, as his boyfriend gingerly nestled his head into his back - the only indication of such an occurrence being the gentle prodding of a familiar button-nose and Phoenix's endearing habit of hugging anything and everything within reach (namely, his waist).
"I know. I don't want it to be like this either." Miles paused his methodical packing of a pristine leather suitcase in favour of tenderly cupping Phoenix's clinging hands in his own, lightly rubbing them in mock comfort.
"Stay a little while longer," A muffled plea snuck out from his crimson blazer - the tone of which only added to his adoration of his beautiful, brilliant husband, almost coercing him into remaining in this hub of safety he made monthly mortgage payments for, to stay with his beloved, intertwined in bed all day, and tell the supreme court he couldn't give a damn how the legal system was run anymore. But the tardiness of it all. The mess it would leave behind. He had to go.
"I can't, I'm sorry."
"Not even for an hour?"
"What, and turn up with a backwards cap on, my middle finger up, even later than Mr Klavier I missed my alarm Gavin?" Phoenix snorted at the remark.
"I've never seen you wearing a cap. Does your hair poke out the sides or do you precariously balance the hat on top of it?" Miles smirked, suppressing a snicker as he extracted his lover from his body with a playful swat, swiftly (yet impeccably) folding pristinely ironed articles of clothing to uniformly place in his suitcase.
"So I'm getting remarks about my hair from Sonic the Hedgehog?"
"Alright McDonald's! There's no need for insults," Phoenix grinned mischievously as he sidled up to his boyfriend once again, dotingly looping his arms around his neck this time.
"McDonald's? I know you and Maya have low enough standards for high cholesterol but I don't even like fast-food."
"Hey!" Phoenix pouted comically when faced with the condescending aura of Miles Edgeworth and was undeterred despite the taller man's several attempts to peel him off him in order to continue packing.
"What, is the hedgehog ruffling his spikes in indignation?"
"I don't like you." The hedgehog grumbled with prickly hair.
"If you don't like me then why did you maintain a happy relationship with me for 2 years?" Slender fingers smoothed down astray strands of silky black hair.
"I don't know." Phoenix paused before grinning:
"I think it was something to do with the thoughts of delicious cheeseburgers whenever I laid eyes upon your wonderfully McDonald's-shaped hair," Miles rolled his eyes at that, breathily laughing, his ruffles truly ruffled as his wavering voice struggled to maintain his trademark sternness.
"I," He began:
"Am leaving." With that remark, in one swift motion, the suitcase was zipped up and the prosecutor was unlocking the door with a scarcely clothed Phoenix clutching his ankles for dear life.
"Nooo."
"It's only for one day, Phoenix." The defence attorney's toes hopelessly scrabbled against the linoleum tiles for some form of grip as Miles's leg slid him closer and closer to impending doom - the gaping mouth of a doorway.
"Mileees."
"You are ridiculous." Miles chuckled, kneeling down to cup his lover's cheeks and plant a lingering kiss atop quivering lips.
"I love you. Don't fall off a burning bridge while I'm gone. I'll be home by 7 tomorrow. I left sandwiches for you in the fridge and some spaghetti for you on the stove for dinner so if I find out that you've been living off of those cheap, tacky pot-noodles again there will be trouble."
"I love yoou." Phoenix wistfully mumbled back:
"Stay another 5 minutes?"
"No." The door shut, and Phoenix wondered how he'd survive alone in the wilderness.

-
Thank you for reading! I hope this was a lighter/fun read for you all - I really enjoyed writing it as it was a change from all the angst for once and I thought the storyline fit perfectly since this is the final chapter of this book aha; tHeYrE sO dOrKy I LOVE THEM. Hopefully I'll write more books soon after exams >:(!! I love you all;