~2~

"What's gotten you so happy all of a sudden?" NamJoon's voice rings to JungKook's ears snapping him away from his train of thought, or rather from another flash of his soulmate.

"Huh?" JungKook turns to look at him questioningly.

"You've been smiling with your eyes closed for a while now. What's up?" NamJoon asks, concerned over the boy who is has beamed so hard over the last three days he hasn't seen him like in the past three years, and they became Grammy Nominees.

The two are sitting alone in the kitchen, enjoying silence with each other- until NamJoon got too curious and asked that it. The other members have already left for their month-long vacation to be spent with whomever they wish. NamJoon and JungKook will be leaving tomorrow, yet the younger feels like he's finally home that she's returned to her rightful place in his mind.

It's so weird yet so nice having you back in here...You make it less lonely, were his thoughts the previous night while he stared up at the ceiling of his dark room. He'd just gotten another flash of her looking at herself in the mirror and smiling, even with the tear-stained cheeks and red-puffy eyes.

I don't know what you're going through, he thought as he closed his eyes while he recalled in his mind all the flashes from the previous two days. She'd been sitting in her bed or couch all day crying her eyes out but smiling from time to time. He was- and still is- very confused. But I'm grateful that I can at least see you and do something to help.

"My soulmate," JungKook tells NamJoon as he looks up at him with a genuine smile, "I can see her again."

NamJoon's eyes go wide to the news. The youngest had entrusted him with everything relating to his soulmate from the first time it happened. He did because he was sure the elder would understand. NamJoon is linked to his soulmate in a similar way, as well.

"Really?" NamJoon gasps and looks up from his cup of coffee in a split second, "How? When? Where?"

"Two days ago," JungKook responds softly, "After I posted the cover. She listened to it."

NamJoon's mouth hangs open and awe is written on his face and the soft gaze the younger has while he drifts off in a daze thinking of his soulmate once again. With a light shake of his head, JungKook returns to reality and he continues explaining to NamJoon,

 "She wasn't okay, though. For the past three days, she's been crying and she's been smiling like she met her soulmate because of that. How weird is that?" JungKook tilts his head a little bit to the left in confusion while he blankly stares at this pink mug that has the design of his character, Cooky, from the BT21 series.

NamJoon hums in response- ignoring JungKook's reference to himself- and he rests his elbows on the table and joins his hands before he places his chin on them, "You said that you could see her whenever she was going through an emotion very intensely and then you just lost her, right?"

The young man eagerly nods his head giving a positive response to NamJoon who stays silent for another moment in process of his thoughts, "What if...she didn't go through any strong emotions in that time span?"

"What?" JungKook furrows his eyebrows.

"Your link was probably always there. Just...she couldn't trigger her emotions hard enough for you to feel her," NamJoon explains and the younger stays quiet to go through the theory in his mind, "People sometimes lose themselves and the connection to their emotions. They're there, alive and breathing, they have a soul that's experiencing, however, the soul can't transfer all that to the body and it's hard because a human consists of body and soul and the two need to be in synch so it's not easy when they're not..."