~4~

"W-what?" Jungkook whips his head around to face her. His heartbeat is rising rapidly and his eyes go wide again, hoping, praying, wishing, that she will say something to break this wall between them.

Y/N's eyes widen. She can't believe she just did this. Stop him from leaving in terms of telling him something when...she has nothing to say. In reality, she has a lot of things to say but she tumbles over insecurity over and over again; she's too embarrassed to say the words she's been wanting to say for years and mostly this past one. This is her perfect chance to tell him everything with no one interrupting, where she will have his utter focus, with no worries of other fans pushing her to the side to get to him. And maybe...just...just maybe he won't forget her after a bit. She should do this. It's a perfect moment. Yes, right here. Here and Now.

"Th-there's something I'd like to tell you," she stammers while looking up at him with eyes of hope that are just begging him not to turn his back away and leave her there to live with this embarrassing moment for the rest of her life.

To those words, Jungkook feels like his legs got chopped off and he's barely floating in the air by some type of magic force that defies gravity. A strange mass forms in his throat that make him question whether he can speak or not. His mind turns blank but it's only because too many thoughts are keeping it captive with a speed that he can not keep up with. So it feels like he just stopped working. Could this be it? Could his fears from just a few seconds ago be proven wrong and she knows? Does she know that he's her soulmate and is willing to fight for him? Why does she look so hesitant though?

Jungkook looks deep into her eyes and he sees how desperate she is for him to give her the pass to talk and interact with him. It is definite that she would never willingly show her desperation to anyone but he can see it. He...he can just see everything in her eyes. He can almost feel her genuine emotions by just looking into those beautiful orbs that he so desperately has wanted to look into for seven years now.

A heavy feeling burdens down his chest when he figures that she does not feel confident talking to him when in reality he is hopeless for some real-life interaction with her. And then he realizes, he hasn't said a single word. Of course, she's going to lose confidence if he only stares at her with wide eyes as if he is in a state of panic. He knows she is insecure and social interaction isn't her strongest muscle. So he must do everything in his hand to keep the conversation as alive as possible.

If only he was not a nervous wreck he would succeed in this, but he is. And he isn't known for being the most confident guy either. In some cases, he may be, but right now, in front of his soulmate, it's impossible.

"Yes, of course," he flashes her a nervous smile after finally getting his brain to start working.

Please, please, please, please talk to me.

Until Jungkook positively responded to the girl it seemed as if fifty hands belonging to professional wrestlers were wrapped around her throat and slowly suffocating her with no mercy.

I didn't think talking to your idol would be so hard.

She gulps when she realizes that it's her turn to start explaining what reason she stopped him for. Empty and nonlogical words fly in her mind, all trying to form a proper sentence to tell him, in relation to the subject. Yet, everything that is suggested by her brain is complete and utter nonsense.

Why does he have the freaking ability to melt my brain like that?

She furrows her eyebrows, avoiding his eyes, while she feels her embarrassment taking over the driver's seat and throwing her logic off of the car while driving in the freeway with very high speed. Death. That's what has met her logic.