𝑺𝑰𝑿 ༉‧₊˚✧

last chapter recap;

"where do you guys wanna go, big red's or the diner?"

they decided on the diner. which, when looking back on the moment, came to be a horrible idea.

—————————

TW: bullying/harassment, slurs

not long after, the boys left the home owned by the hanscoms & were soon enough walking into town in search of their favorite place to eat and, quite frankly, the best restaurant in all of derry. upon arrival of the threshold of the diner, they did not take notice of the group of scruffy-looking boys huddled in the far corner of the diner, discussing the topic of what kind of knife killed someone the most efficient way, but instead brought themselves forward to look at the weekly specials listed on one of the chalk-made menus near the entryway.

"what are you guys thinking about getting? i was considering getting a hot dog or something of the sorts," eddie spoke, earning richie a slap to the arm as he giggled absurdly at the statement.

"guh-get whatever you wuh-wuh-want, eds, i'll p-p-pay," bill cooed, swinging his arms around the smaller boy's waist, raising a small protest from below him.

"could you guys order already? i'm starving," mike whined playfully.

after settling the debacle with the couple, the group proceeded to step towards the counter and place their orders. after doing so, they searched around the diner for the perfect spot to sit. the spot, unfortunately, was only 3 away from where the local menaces brooded.while waiting for their food to arrive, the boys talked about whatever popped into their heads and just did what normal teenagers would do.

their orders were brought to them after only 11 minutes of waiting, and fuck was that some good food. during the consumption of what ever they had ordered, no one at the table had noticed that a specific someone had overheard the familiar chatter and was advancing on the table with his.. pets.

"hey patrick, i didn't know this restaurant was an open area for fags," henry snickered to the taller male who was making crude motions to the ones seated at the table.

"you're one to talk, bowers. i mean, some kids said they saw you having a blast with mr. pa-" richie was cut off by stanley kicking him in the shin from under the table.

"i'd watch it if i were you, tozier, that big mouth won't do you any good. not even with your fairy princess over here," henry snarled, pointing towards stan. richie wasn't having that shit.

"don't you bring him into this, asshat!" richie snapped, standing up & into henry's personal space.

"oh, defending him now, fag? what are you gonna fucking do about it? one word to daddykins and the only thing you'll be standing up for is the memorial service!" henry barked back, stepping even closer.

"you're gonna fucking rot in he-" "richie! let's go!" richie's rage fit was silenced by mike's voice, firmer and louder than possibly anyone in the diner.

richie turned around to face the table and saw possibly one of his worst nightmares. stanley was sat curled up in a ball, shaking slightly with his arms wound tightly around himself. richie turned to face bowers yet again, with even more disgust towards him than he had ever felt towards anyone in his life.

"go on, scamper along! why must you enjoy being a tormenting disgusting fuck who likes to harass others for who they love! it's twenty fucking nineteen! stop acting like your crackass alcoholic father!" richie yelled, smoke practically coming out of his ears.

bowers backed away, not before saying, "we're not done here, tozier. you're dead."

richie batted his eyelashes and all but swooned, "i'm looking forward to it, dickweed."

after the nuisances had exited the diner, richie whipped himself into the booth and immediately bombarded stanley.

"stan? baby? darling? are you okay? do we need to go? sta-" "r-rich, can we go home, p-please?" stan mumbled, finally looking up to meet richie's eyes.

"fuck- yeah okay, come on, love. see you guys later, i guess," richie started, grabbing hold of stan's hand and getting him out of that place as fast as possible.

once they were alone, richie turned to get a good look at stanley in the daylight, carving out his facial features that were wet with a trail of tears.

"hey, what happened to you in there?" richie asked softly, swinging his arm around stan.

"he just made it all sound so realistic and- i'm no good for this rich- what if my dad finds out- i'm sorry for wasting your ti-" stan's ranting was cut short by richie tugging him in for a tight hug, rubbing his back in a soothing fashion.

"listen to me stanley, you could never, ever, EVER, be a waste of my time. you understand? you're one of the best things that has ever happened to me, alright? you mean absolutely everything to me. you've been my best friend since the beginning, stan the man. don't believe a god damned word that comes out of that shitbrain's mouth. you're gonna be just fine, okay? i'd never let anything happen to you, you know that, right? not over my cold, rotting, maggot-filled corpse." richie let out, pulling back from the hug just enough to make full eye contact with stanley as he spoke, meaning every damn word that left his mouth.

stanley scrunched up his nose at the last sentence, letting out a light laugh because goddamnit this boy could make him crack up even if they were at a funeral. he found it nearly impossible that richie fucking tozier could open up like this and just be so emotional towards stanley.

"i know, rich. and i would do the same for you. over and over again," stan responded, bringing richie back into his arms.

"i have in mind other things that you could do over and over again," richie grinned, earning a half-assed slap to the arm at the comment. there he goes again.

"can we go back to your place for a bit? i don't think i can let my dad see me like this." stan asked, to which richie nodded. and off they headed to richie's, arms around each other like a magnet. and no one said a word as they shared more-than-friends moments that evening. what are best friends for, right?

WOW this was a long one. sorry for not updating in actual months, school's ending soon so hopefully i'll have more time to update as hell lets up. i hope this wasn't too shitty. this chapter goes especially out to cam, who's sleeping on facetime as i write this. love you bubba <3