A hollowed heart (The Nurse) Part 1

WARNING! Some content in this chapter revolves around mental illness and certain topics that may trigger some individuals. Read at your own risk.

With it being as dark and foggy as it was, you weren't sure how well this trial was going to turn out. You and the others seemed to have been spawned in some sort of Asylum...great. Absolutely fucking great. You hated hospitals, you hated doctors, nurses, and anything related. You've just had bad experiences almost every time you went to one. People always made fun of you for it, but you had your reasons, and them being very personal were why you never said anything. 

Kate had ran up behind the female and gently tapped the girl on her shoulder and pointed to a a gen that was literally right next to them. The both nodded in unison as they both began working and tuning the mechanical piece of equipment until they both stopped when they heard a loud screech off in the distance. "What the hell..?" The girl tilted her head, a bit confused before she looked over at Kate who held a finger to her lips. "it's The Nurse. Be quiet." "WHA-" "SH!" Kate covered the females mouth before the screech got closer as the female killer appeared maybe 100 yards or so in front of them. The ghostly white figure hovered over the ground, a saw in one of her hands. The female suddenly felt faint as she keeled over a bit and shook her head.

"Are you-" "I'm fine...just go...I'm gonna be a liability to you guys this round...just go help the others." "You aren't a liability. We work through this together, okay? I know you're scared. I am too. But we can do this...okay?" The blonde female held the girls hands in hers and gave them a squeeze of reassurance. A small smile formed on her face as she tried to shake off her emotions and began to work on the gen. Once it popped, she saw another female, Feng if she remembered correctly, get picked up off a gen and rushed to a hook. She looked over at Kate and nodded as she ran over and hid behind a corner of a T-Wall, crouching to see where this killer was to make sure that the coast was clear before saving the girl. She waited a few moments before sneaking over and quickly unhooking the girl and healing her once she got her off hook. However, Feng instantly pulled away mid heal and bolted off. Curious as to why, her question was answered when she heard a loud screech in her ear and a sharp pain digging into her shoulder. A yelp of pain escaped her lips as she bolted off, holding her wound as she ran inside of the building, jumping into a locker quietly and held her breath. She saw the white figure skate by, which caused her to let out a long breath of relief... until the locker was swung open and the figure grabbed the female and threw her over her shoulder towards... the basement.

"Kate! Feng! Someone!" Her screams of fear were recognized when a male ran over, and bright beam of light was shone in their direction, causing the Nurse to drop her as the male grabbed her and bolted off. "Who- what the hell-" "Less talk more run." was all the male said as they bolted ran off into the maze of pallets and walls until they finally lost the killer. Only two more gens needed to be finished so they were doing okay. "Here. I got this." Te male replied as he quickly healed the girl in less then a second when it should've taken much longer. Before the girl could ask anything he nodded his head. "David. Instant heal. Now come on. we need to get out of-" Another scream of pain ripped through the air as Kate went down this time, Feng somewhere off in the distance doing god knows what.

 "We have time. this is only her first hook. let's get this done, okay?" The girl swallowed hard and nodded as she crouched down and helped the male work on the gen. She occasionally looked back and forth to Kate on the hook to see if anyone was saving her. She was close to being in struggle mode, and she felt her heart racing in her chest. "David. keep working on this." She replied as she got up and went to go save Kate. "What the hell- are you-" "Shut up and just do it. Her voice was stern but it also shook a bit, her anxiety building up in her chest as she went off to go grab Kate off of the hook. As she was on the way, she started getting flashbacks of repressed memories. Memories that she didn't want to remember. She shook her head and bolted towards the female and got her off right before the struggle phrase. "You'll be fine. I got you a health kit. Help the others with the last gen, I'll keep her busy." 

Before the other female could get a word in, the female rushed off in hopes to get the Nurses attention, which she easily did so. Her heart pounded in her chest as as bolted and began running this killer around as much as she could while the others got the last gen finished and began opening the gate, waiting for her, but little did they know that she was not going to be joining them, nor did she thing she deserved to. After running her around for what seemed like hours, the girl slowed down to a stop, looking back to see the Nurse only feet from her.

"Kill me." Were the only words that came out of her mouth. The killer seemed confused, not knowing why her actions suddenly changed from wanting to live to suddenly wanting to off herself. "I don't care. I don't deserve to live. I'm a shitty person, this life sucks, I have no one here for me so just... just get it over with... please." The Nurse hovered over to her, wandering around the female in circles for minutes until she backed off and only shook her head. Even though her role was to kill, this girl standing in front of her gave her some odd nostalgia of her past life, almost as if she could relate to her in a sense. Her eyes were filled will desperation for SOMEONE, someone to care. Someone to be there for her, and she could tell that every time she had tried, she only had her back turned on her every single time. She could see the scars on her arms, the tears welling up in her eyes. The girl was an absolute mess. That's when she saw it, the blood. She hadn't even noticed but the girl, the survivor in front of her was bleeding out from her side. A large shard of glass was intentionally shove into her flesh. The girls whimpering turned into moans of pain and agony and then faded out into what seemed just like shallow breathing.

"It's better this way..." And with that, the female faded off into a darkened reality known as death... or so she thought.

"You deserve so much more than you give yourself... please, don't do this anymore." A quiet voice echoed seemingly near her. Her head throbbed, her body ached, and she felt faint. But somehow, she was alive. She was confused, but she was somehow still here. Her eyes fluttered open occasionally, looking around and catching a glimpse of her surroundings. Grey walls, medical supplies, and the most unlikely presence she would've thought to have seen in front of her. Her savior, her light bringer, her healer. The one person who she least expected to see. And the one person who actually cared enough to save her, and keep her in this life. For the rest of it.