ⓔⓛⓔⓥⓔⓝ

TMilly Studio

December 17th

"Kaycee! I'm so glad that you decided to come," Jojo said, engulfing the young girl in a hug. "We've all missed you."

"Thank you," Kaycee whispered, leaning into her embrace. "It's good to be back."

"I saw Sean signed up too. Is that alright with you? I could kick him out," the woman said pulling back but staying close.

"I think I'll be fine. We haven't spoken in a while but I just want to move past things," Kaycee said, putting on a smile.

"Okay, I'm here for you whatever you need," Jojo told her, rubbing her arm comfortingly.

"Just one thing, is it okay if I'm not filmed for this class? I don't think I'm ready for that yet," she said.

"Of course, you do what you need to do. We do have to get started though," Jojo said, stepping back from her smiling.

"I'm just going to lay low in the back," Kaycee said, smiling sheepishly and moving away.

The older woman nodded her head and walked to join Donovan at the front of the studio. Just before Jojo clapped her hands to signal the beginning of class, the studio door cracked open and two people slipped in. Jojo ignored them and their tardiness but Kaycee couldn't help to look over and see who it was. Sean was unmistakable in his grey Lewser hoodie with a plain black ballcap. The girl next to him was what struck Kaycee.

She looked as beautiful as ever with her hair in a high ponytail and her makeup done perfectly. The strange part was the word written across her chest. Weirdo. On a black sweatshirt. Two sizes too big. Sean's size.

Jojo didn't miss the shot of envy that made its way across Kaycee's face. She did a good job of masking it as soon as it had arrived. Her smile restored and the ever-present flush on her cheeks returned. To the people that knew her though, the hurtful effect of the two newcomers was unmistakable.

Unabashed by their lack of punctuality, the two teens made their way in loudly, dropping their bags just inside the door and laughing all the while. Jojo refrained from shooting them a pointed look and continued as if nothing was happening. As if Kaycee wasn't crumbling on the inside.

She proceeded and started to teach the routine and Kaycee was grateful for the distraction. She put her all in as always and learned the routine easily, marking it for the rest of the time. She kept her gaze trained on herself in the mirror, only wavering to watch Jojo. Never the two in the corner. Not even when a bark of obnoxious laughter was almost impossible not to look at. If this was some kind of plot it wasn't going to work. Nope. Not even a little bit. Well. Maybe.

-----

"Oh my goodness, she did not say that to you!" She roared, the exclamation followed by a howl of laughter loud enough to wake the dead.

"Yep. She did. And then she hasn't spoken to me since," Sean said, laughing and shaking his head as he held the door open for his companion.

"Sean? Can I talk to you?" Kaycee asked, stepping out from the cover of the awning and into the spitting rain.

"Well speak of the devil," Sean said, offering a small smile as he came to a stop.

"Hey, Kaycee. It's so good to see you. I feel like it's been forever," Tate said, stepping out from behind Sean to stand next to him.

"It has been too long. It's good to see you, Tate," Kaycee said, her frustration easily overridden by her innate kindness.

"You guys talk, I'll see you later Sean, thanks again for inviting me tonight. I had a great time," she said, turning to hug him and place a kiss on his cheek. He leaned into her and held her for a long moment before letting go. Tate managed a wave to Kaycee as she disappeared into the late night fog of the parking lot.