18

"What the hell James?" He asked. I uncovered my blindfolds to see the twins standing there.

"I thought this would be a fun reunion!" He smiled.

"James. This isn't a good time." Grayson told him.

"Why don't you tell us what's going on then?" James asked. "You guys are always going off to New Jersey without telling us shit!"

"It's personal, James." Grayson said. I looked at Ethan and he looked like he was hurting. He just stared at the ground and put his hands in his pockets.

As the two of them argued I hugged Ethan. I didn't even know what was going on, but I knew he might need it. I felt him take a deep breath to avoid from crying but I felt his body tremble. I was so scared. He looked at me in the eyes and I saw everything. His eyes were puffy from crying, his nose was red, he looked like he hadn't eaten anything, he had a beard and he looked like he hasn't slept in weeks. He left my embrace and went back in the house to his room.

"You guys can't be here." Grayson said after noticing Ethan leave.

"Grayson, what's going on? Please tell us." James pleaded.

"Guys! Get the fuck out!" Grayson yelled super defensively.

"Ethan!" I called after him. I tried to walk in, but Grayson stopped me.

"Emma, please. This is really hard." He had the same look of sorrow in his eyes. I stopped and I just froze. What the hell? Why was this happening? I started tearing up, and I didn't know what was happening. Sensory overload?

"Emma, let's go." James sneered at Grayson. He stopped and saw my face. I looked at him and his face softened. "Em."

"Emma, you have to go." Grayson said softly.

"Get the fuck away! We're leaving!" James yelled. I started towards the house again but Grayson held me.

"I wanna see Ethan." My voice was trembling and I was close to tears.

"I know, Em. You just can't right now!" He kept telling me.

"I haven't seen my fucking boyfriend for over a month and I finally see him and he's not doing well and I wanna fucking be there!" I yelled as I cried. I was trying to fight him to get out of his grip so I could get in the house but Grayson was too strong. He held me back.

"C'mon, Em. I'm sorry this happened. I thought they would be more welcoming." James put his hand on my back.

"What the fuck?!" I yelled.

"You're making this harder for us, Em." Gray said.

"I hope Maddie's having a good time with this too." I left with James and I was crying in the car. I know James was concerned for me because I usually never cried in front of them. I've only cried when I'm alone in my apartment over a video or something. This was some real shit that I didn't know how to deal with.

I also felt like he was super protective over me, especially when Grayson was holding me back.

"I just... wanna be with... Ethan in his tough times... but Grayson's... kicking me out!" I said between breaths and sniffles.

"I know, baby. I know." He kept driving until we reached his house.

"James, I gotta go home." I sniffed.

"You're staying with me tonight, because no one deserves to be alone when they're this sad." He kissed my cheek and we got out of the car.

"I don't blame them for some reason." I told him when we were lying on his bed.