38

EMMA POV:

"Hey, guys!" Ethan called through the house.

"Oh, hi!" Kathryn hugged us. "Hey, have you guys spilled the news?"

"Nope. We're gonna do it soon." I smiled.

"Gray! Come here!" Kathryn called. "You two should take a selfie, one of you kissing the other's cheek. I know you two won't want a kissing photo. That'd be too much."

"Kathryn, Don't worry, we got this." Ethan laughed.

"Hey, what's up? Thanks for finally coming home, E." Grayson laughed.

"Gray, how should they post their first couples picture!" Kathryn was so excited.

"Kat, they're adults now!" Grayson carried me.

"Grayson!" I exclaimed.

"Fine." He put me back down. I knew he wanted to throw me in the pool.

"Dude, grow up." Ethan awkwardly smiled and played with his hands.

"Let's take the picture now." I smiled. We sat on the couch together and he held out his phone. I kissed his cheek and he took the picture.

"Cool." He opened the photo and smiled.

"I want a different picture. I don't want us to post the same picture." I told him.

"Okay. What do you have in mind?"He asked.

"Hmm. We can just do another pose on the couch here." I smiled.

He sat on the couch and carried me onto his lap.

Kathryn took a few photos of Ethan hugging me and kissing my cheek and my blushing and giggling. It was nice. She then handed me my phone and I smiled at the pictures. I feel so awkward about posting these.

"Okay, let's get some Facetune on these." I laughed. So we edited them and showed each other and came up with cute captions.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"I don't know." He laughed.

We both clicked the post button and took a sigh of relief.

"That's that!" He smiled at me.

"Oh my god! You guys are official!" Kathryn smiled and hugged us. Ethan laughed.

"I'm ready to go home." I laughed too. "I still have to edit a video for Sunday."

"I'll drive you." He smiled.

"No, it's fine. I'll take an Uber."

Kat and Gray had left the living room, and it was just Ethan and I.

"Ethan, when you took me to bed last night, were you still angry at James?"

"I mean, yeah. Those feelings don't just go away. But I tried to put them in the back of my mind."

"So... did you sleep with me because you were angry and needed to get everything out?"

"What? No, baby. I would never use you like that." He hugged me. I heard a sniffle and I pulled away. Shit. This must have been a sensitive topic.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. . . do you wanna talk about it?" I asked.

"No, I'm fine. It's a story for a different day. I just want you to know that I love you so much, and it's thanks to you and Grayson that I got through what happened to my dad and all the support in Jersey was so helpful." He smiled.