🌊⚓ Chapter 3 ⚓🌊

Kayla's POV

The weekends always left me exhausted. During the week, I went to the restaurant and that was it. On the weekends however, I always seemed to make my way to my dad's old art studio

I guess I just felt his presence there. I remember the first time I picked up a paintbrush. My dad always told me, "Don't waste your time trying to paint what others see, instead paint what you feel. At the end of the day, another person's thoughts weren't always realistic, but feelings are something that you can't fake."

When I stopped by the studio today, I changed into a pair of coveralls and an old pair of shoes. I pulled out my paint, and aligned my brushes just so.

There is always a moment of indecision, the moment where I'm wondering what to paint. I turned on my stereo and began to dance.

I closed my eyes as I began to sway with the music. I opened them and walked to the canvas. I began my painting with a few dark colors. I decided to paint passion; the kind of passion that leaves you closed off from the outside world. The kind of passion that completely consumes you to the point that you know nothing else.

Each brush stroke led towards the finished product. Color after color, I placed upon the canvas. In the end, the picture that I had in my mind was exactly what I transferred to the canvas.

I took the canvas and signed the bottom. My work may never be good enough to make a profit off of it, but signing my work brought me just a bit more closer to my dad.

The smoke, there was just so much smoke...

My phone brought me out of the flashback. I was getting them more often now. You would think that the trauma would fade with time, but it never did for me. When the anniversary of my father's death nears the flashbacks get worse.

Sometimes I don't know if some things are memories or just things that my mind conjured...

I looked at my phone and saw that I had a message from Breanna. Breanna and Brea are my younger sisters. They are actually twins, but most people don't really know that. Those girls are like night and day.

Breanna: Hello sister dear, I miss u
Me: U never miss me
Breanna: This time I do
Me: What do u want?
Breanna: Y I gotta want something?
Me: U jus said u miss me,🤨
Breanna: Fine... Can u bring me n Brea some food from home, plz. We're starving😭😭😭
Me: Ig, which dorm do yall stay in again?
Breanna: Hugh Drexler room 4B I get out of my last class at 4:50 on Friday n I have work at 6:30.
Me: Kk will b there for 5
Breanna: u have no clue how much ily
Me: Lies jk, love u too 😘

It was finally time to head back home. As soon as I put my phone in my purse, it began to ring. It was Niyah. She wanted me to go out with her and Taylor. The last time I went out with those two, I couldn't feel my leg when I woke up.

I actually woke up in a hospital, and I went home in a cast. Those fools were trouble.

I know I shouldn't go out with them, but I needed to stop thinking. I needed to just be in the moment. Nobody made me feel more in the moment that Marquel.

Marquel and I have been dating for 2 years. He helped Niyah and Taylor get me to the hospital. Then he stayed to make sure that I was ok and the rest was history.

Niyah and Taylor wanted to go to one of the clubs he owned, so I went home and got ready. Where did I put my French Lavender & Honey? Bath & Body Works is my everything. Maybe I should make a trip there on my way to the dorms on Friday...

 Maybe I should make a trip there on my way to the dorms on Friday

One last look in the mirror, and I'm ready to go. I pull out my phone and call an über. I had a feeling that tonight would be a crazy night.

The car pulled up 10 minutes later, and I got in. I told the driver the name of the club and we were off. When I got there, I walked inside and began searching for Niyah and Taylor.

It didn't take long to find them. Taylor ran up to me and grabbed my hand. She began dragging me over to where she and Niyah were sitting.

After a few drinks, it was time to dance. It was weird that Marquel wasn't here. By now, one of his boys would have normally called him to let him know that I was there.

After a bit of dancing and a few more shots, I needed a break. I went to sit down. As I got closer to the table that we sat at earlier, I locked eyes with someone.

There he was. He was sitting down with some random female on his lap. He just stared at me as if he could see through me. Nope, not today boo. I'm not going to disappear that easily.

I walked over to him and introduced myself to the chick sitting on his lap.

"Hi, I'm Kayla. It's so nice to meet you hun. Gosh, you're beautiful. I can see why Marquel is so infatuated with you."

The whole time she thought I was complimenting her. I had her up and walking across the floor in no time. Soon, she was drunk out of her mind and busy dancing with Niyah and Taylor.

I walked back over to Marquel and gave him my sweetest smile.

"Hey, baby!" He said when I got close.

Let the games begin.

***Author's note: I will post an update for you guys tomorrow. Until then, byyeeeee***