And We're Off..

-Theo's pov-

We sat in Starbucks and talked for about 30 minutes before we finished our drinks and decided to walk around. As we walk up the street Daveed looks down at me. "So, Theo is a nickname right? What's it short for?"

Oh my god I think to myself. I facepalm and chuckle quietly. "Yes, Theo is a nickname. My name is Theodosia. It's old timey and kind of long so I usually just go by Theo." I say as I look up at Daveed. His eyes are a bit wide and he's smiling wildly and he laughs. "You're joking? Your first name is Theodosia?"

I raise an eyebrow and look at him confused and I stop walking and cross my arms and turn to look straight up at him. "Yes, my name is Theodosia. Why is that funny?" I ask as I tilt my head.

"There's a character in the musical I'm in who has an affair with a married woman named Theodosia and their daughter is also named Theodosia." He says as he stops and looks down at me, still laughing.

"Oh, that's interesting. My full name is Theodosia Willow Smith." I say as I start walking again.

"You're gonna laugh, but my full name is Daveed Daniele Diggs." He says and shrugs

"You have a very interesting middle name.." I state calmly, trying not to giggle as we walk to the train station. We got there right on time because as soon as we got to the platform a train pulled up. We got in and found a place to sit and sat right next to each other. Talking the whole time. I spaced out, staring at Daveed the same way he did to me at Starbucks.

He has very curly hair and it's kind of like an afro. I can tell that he's probably mixed. He has a beautiful smile and I love the sound of his voice. I could listen to him talk all day. The train comes to a stop, I snap out of my trance, and we stand up and walk out. We walk out of the station and I smile as I realize we're back in our neighborhood.

I look up at Daveed and nudge him with my elbow. "Do you wanna come over and meet my dog? We can watch a movie or something too." I ask, still smiling.

He smiles back and nods. "Sure, I'd love to."
We walk and head towards my apartment building and Daveed looks at me at grabs my arm "You live in this building too?"

I look at him and nod "How have we never seen each other?" I laugh.

"We honestly probably have and never realized it. We've only talked on the phone a few times and we didn't really know what each other looked like before today. Do you mind if I go get Soccer from my apartment? That way our dogs can play together." He smiles and I nod and we walk in and go straight to the elevator.

I follow Daveed to his apartment to go get Soccer and then we head to mine. We live on the same freakin floor and he lives across the hall, four doors down from me. Small world, I guess.

I unlock my door and Bruno comes running up and barks at Daveed and Soccer as they come in.

"Hey, Bruno, shush. These are our friends, okay." I say as Bruno runs up and sniffs Daveed and then takes off running with Soccer.

"So, this is home." I say as I plop onto the couch, kicking my feet up on the coffee table.

"Your apartment doesn't strike me as a dog sitters house." Daveed says as he sits down.

I look at him and laugh.

"You haven't seen the guest bedroom bedroom. It's a mess. There's dog toys everywhere in there." I say as I grab the remote and put on a random movie.

-TIME SKIPPITY SKIP-

It's been a few hours. It's now about 10pm. We've watched a few movies and I look over to notice that Daveed has fallen asleep. I laugh quietly and let him sleep as I get up and go to my room, changing into pajamas, and then go to the guest room and see the dogs both curled up asleep on the guest bed. I go back to the living room and tap Daveed's shoulder a few times until he hums.

"The dogs are asleep in the guest room. You're more than welcome to go join them or sleep here on the couch, or you can go back to your apartment." I say quietly.

He opens his eyes and looks at me. "How long have I been asleep?" He asks and I smile.

"That depends, what was the last movie you remember watching?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Mean Girls." Daveed states.

"Then you've been asleep for about 4 hours." I chuckle at him softly.

His eyes widen and he places a hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry for falling asleep on you."

I laugh "Hey, no worries. We spent the day talking and watching the dogs play and watching movies and stuff. I enjoyed it. You can sleep here, if you want. I don't mind."

"I have to wake up early for rehearsals, I don't wanna wake you up when I leave." Daveed says, concern lacing his voice.

"I have a client coming in the morning to drop off their dog, you won't wake me up, I promise. Why don't you go put on some pajamas or something and think about it? I'll leave my door unlocked and you can come back and tell me your decision. I'm gonna make something small to eat before bed." I say and smile as Daveed gets up and heads towards the front door.

"Okay." He says as he opens the door and walks out.

Wow, what a day.