Chapter 1: Movie Night, Goodnight

Tonight was movie night at my friend Clara's house. Luckily, it was my movie choice because who knows what weird movie she would have picked. Yesterday, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them came out on DVD and I was so happy that I went out and bought it immediately. As I settled into Clara's red sofa, I felt something hard and round poke my rear. I looked down behind me and saw my keychain with a Time-Turner and a mini Tardis. Not wanting to get up, I placed it in the pocket of my purple pajamas.

"Blanket: check, PJ's: check, popcorn: check, movie: check, lights: check..." I started mumbling a checklist of all the things you need for a perfect movie night. Realizing that Clara was missing, I got up and started searching for her in her huge house. I started from the basement and made my way up the wooden stairs. On the way up to the second floor, I heard a loud crash come from the direction of her room. Running up the stairs, I barged into her room just in time to see her dancing with a teddy bear that had a picture of Ezra Miller taped onto its face.

"What are you doing, Clara?" I asked, trying my hardest not to laugh.

I must have scared her because she jumped up in the air and attempted to hide the furry bear. She managed to stammer, "N-n-nothing. Yeah. I'm doing nothing."

Lunging forward, I plucked the brown plushy out of her hands and dragged her down the stairs. "Come, we have a movie to watch."

As the ending credits rolled onto the screen, I started to doze off. However, something was keeping me awake. A strange ticking noise, the kind you would hear coming from an old grandfather clock, was ticking away non-stop. Suddenly I felt very nauseous. Getting off of the couch, I stumbled down the hall and into the washroom to splash water onto my face.

After the nausea passed, I looked up into the vanity mirror and grimaced at what I saw. Instead of seeing a pretty 19-year-old woman with stormy grey eyes and shiny brown hair, I saw a ghostly pale girl with dull, muddy hair and stony eyes. To be honest, I didn't like what I saw.

Once that thought passed through my head, the vanity mirror started glowing a faint pink color. Peering closer into the mirror, scenes from Fantastic Beasts started playing. Hoping it was just my imagination, I rubbed my eyes vigorously and peeked back into the reflective glass. Curiosity getting the best of me, I reached over to touch the glass which was now glowing a vibrant blue. Expecting it to be solid, I accidentally leaned in too far and fell through the veil. Falling onto a floor I knocked my head on the hardwood and succumbed to the darkness.

In the inky black darkness, I heard a deep male voice that reminded me of Oz from The Wizard of Oz.

"If you fail, the world will fall apart and all shall die." It kept repeating the same sentence like a broken record player stuck on repeat.

"Hello? Who's there?" I couldn't help but call out to the darkness, hoping someone would rescue me. Did I forget to tell you? I am deathly afraid of the dark.

Stupidly expecting a savior to come and rescue me, I called out again, "Hello? Will somebody help me?" Nobody heard me, nobody would save me. I hope I wouldn't be stuck here. I hoped that this was all some sort of dream. I hoped I would wake up and everything would be okay again.

Attempting to stand up, I shakily felt around me for something to grab on to. On my right, I felt something grab my arm and pull me. As I was dragged across the floor, I was rendered unconscious once more