Chapter 2: Dreamer, Dreamer

Thanks to LLupin22 for the lovely aesthetic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Abby! Abigail! It's time to wake up sweety!"

I awoke to a stranger gently calling my name. They were getting annoying. Seriously, can't a girl get some sleep without somebody poking and calling them awake? Groaning, I turned over to look at my offender. Peering through my crusty eyelashes, I saw Alison Sudol sitting on my bed in all of her glory.

Wait a minute.

Oh. My. Goodness. Alison freaking' Sudol is sitting right next to me. Alison as in Queenie Goldstein from Fantastic Beasts. Holy hell. I'm officially freaking out. I believe my new mantra should be 'Conceal don't feel. Stay cool.'

"Queenie! Abby! Breakfast is ready!" I heard a new voice call from the other room. I swear I heard them say Queenie instead of Alison but I'll chalk it up to me still being tired. I must really be losing it.

Alison got up to leave. When she reached the door, she turned to face me and ordered me to put on a set of robes.

Looking at the robes for the first time, I saw a beautiful dress that looked like something from an old silent film. It was a nice burgundy satin dress with a moderately deep neckline. It's skirt reached past my ankles and flared out at the waist. Quickly fumbling with the slip and dress, I walked out of the bedroom to where I thought the kitchen might be.

When I finally found it by smelling fried eggs, I realized that it looked exactly like Queenie and Tina's apartment from the movie. The kitchen connected to the living room and the front foyer. Pots and pans were magically cleaning themselves. In the corner, a broom was sweeping around a magically hung laundry line and some old copies of The Wizards Voice and the New York Star. I really must be tired if I am imagining objects flying.

Sitting at the table was Queenie/Alison, I still don't know who she is, and another woman who looked eerily similar to Katherine Waterston playing Porpentina Goldstein. The latter looked up from her plate as I entered.

"Good morning sleepy head," she called.

"Morning."

After eating a nice meal, Queenie dragged me to a makeshift room that was separated by a curtain. She gestures to a dress on a headless manikin. "May you help me with this sis'? Please?", she half whined in my ear. I really must be dreaming if I am hearing her calling me her sister. I'm a nobody and she's . . . her. There is no way to describe her perfectly.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I focused on Queenie. She was staring at the tattered dress as if looking at it would suddenly give her an idea. On the little side-table next to her lay a small stick-like thing. I believe it is a wand. It didn't look like Tina's nor was it Queenie's, since she was holding hers. Yes, I finally decided to call them Tina and Queenie and not by their actresses names.

"Well, are you going to stare at your wand all day or are you going to pick it up and help me fix this dress?" she said, startling me out of my reverie.

"Oh. Sorry. I'll do that." I muttered awkwardly, trying not to embarrass myself further.

I picked up the wand, well, my wand, and hesitantly began to help Queenie. Surprisingly, I seemed to know exactly what to do.

After a while, Tina came into the makeshift living room to say goodbye. "I'm off to MACUSA. Stay out of trouble, Abby."

"Goodb- Hey! I don't always get into trouble!" I protested, trying to think of the few times I didn't follow the rules.

"Yes you do", Queenie piped in. "See ya, Teenie." With the goodbyes done, Tina walked out of the apartment.