Chapter 3: Sister Bonding

Thank you to WiseLikeARavenclaw for the awesome cover!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once Tina left for work, Queenie started magically doing the laundry. She Accioed* her clothes and Tergeo and Aguamentied* them clean. Queenie then let them dry by the fireplace on a conjured clothes line.

When Queenie finished hanging her clothes, she sat down and motioned for me to come and join her. "Hey sista, howdya sleep?" When she saw that I was confused, she continued to speak, "Ya know, I was curious of what you dreamt of, since I already read Teenie's thoughts and all."

It took me a while to understand what Queenie meant and then I remembered that she was a Legilimens. I really don't know how that slipped from my mind.

As we sat there in a pensive silence, I suddenly became quite concerned that she knew I wasn't her real sibling. If Queenie could read my mind, then why didn't she out me out as an intruder? Am I somehow a natural Occlumens and am able to block her ability? I never thought those existed but then again, I never thought alternate dimensions were real either.

I tried to give her a truthful answer to the best of my ability without giving away my status as an intruder but instead I gave her the lamest reply ever. "I had a really weird dream last night, I don't think you want to hear it." "It's okay Abby, I won't judge." Here goes nothing. "I was sitting on a sofa when I heard a loud bang come from somewhere in the house. I went around, looking for its source when I found a vanity swirling around in the most magical way. As soon as I stepped near it, I couldn't stop walking towards it. The pull was similar to Amortentia*, it was so addicting that I couldn't pull away. I guess curiosity got the best of me and without thinking, I touched it. I expected it to be glass but I ended up falling through some sort of veil. It was like I was transported into a whole new world."

"What happened after that?" She asked leaning forward. "I don't know. You woke me up. I do remember a deep voice surround me. It warned me to not fail or else the world will end and we'll all die." "Ooh spooky. I wonder what it means." "Tina would probably say that it is absolutely nothing."

After chatting for a while, Queenie got up and began to make us lunch. All of the sudden, a panicked expression washed over her face. She ran around, scrambling to hide every trace of magic in the apartment. "What's wrong Queens?" "Just help me!" Hearing the urgency in her voice, I began to help swiftly clean the apartment.

In our frenzy, I accidentally knocked over a pile of magazines. It was the first time I noticed the date; December 6, 1926. I can't believe it! Not only did I jump dimensions, I actually time travelled! I must be stuck in a lucid dream. This isn't possible. It's like magic!

I was interrupted from my inner musings by a sharp knock on the door. Slowly, as if approaching her death, Queenie went to open the door. Standing there was a stern old lady. "Hello Ms. Espocito." Queenie greeted, slightly uncomfortably. "Good afternoon ladies."

So this is the infamous Ms, Espocito. The one who made the 'no men' rule in our apartment. I see why Queenie looked so panicked a minute ago. Without invitation, she pushed her way past my sister and walked into our apartment. I wonder what she wants.

Scanning her surroundings, Ms, Espocito situated herself at our dining room table. "Queenie, would you be a doll and make me a coffee?" "Sorry Ms. Espocito, we ran outta suga' this morning." Queenie answered pithly. "Well, I suppose Abigail can fetch some at the store, right sweetie?" She directed the last part to me. She tried to make it sound sweet but there was a demanding tone in her voice that told me not to tell her that I am not a house-elf. Part of me wanted to get out of the apartment as fast as I can but the other, nicer part wanted me to stay so that Queenie isn't alone with the woman. She was like Snape and McGonagall's child. Wow, that statement was awkward and should never be used again. Ever.

Not looking at Ms. Esposito in the eyes, I numbly nodded affirmative and made my way out of the building. As I was making my way around New York in the 1920s, I realized how much has changed and how much is essentially the same. It was like walking through a time capsule.

On my way to the store, I walked by Steen's National Bank. I saw Tina standing near the back of the crowd that was forming and waved to her. I quickly walked away, remembering the havoc that the niffler creates and the trouble Tina and Mr. Scamander get into with MACUSA.

Noting the time, I rushed in and out of the store with the sugar and tried to pass by the bank without being notice. As I was passing, Mary-Lou Barebone was giving her long speech about how us witches are dangerous and deserve to die.

What caught me by surprise is what she did next. "Hey you, ma'am!" Having a hunch that she was talking to me, I slowly turned around to face the she-devil. With a smile on her cold, cruel face, she yelled over the crowd. "Are you a seeker, a seeker after truth?" Not sure what to answer her, I replied with a "yes" and promptly ran away to the safety of the apartment.

As soon as I opened the door, Queenie danced into the room and eyed me suspiciously. "You took long to get back." "Sorry, a woman near the bank called me out and asked if I was a seeker after truth and if I believed that witches and wizards are real and should be hunted." "Oh honey, what did Teenie tell you about going near the Second Salemers? You know they mean nothin' but trouble." "Sorry Queens." I mumbled and walked towards my room. "Oh come on Abby! Ya know I hate it when you mumble and hide in your room! Especially since I can't read your mind!"

Well, I guess my theory is correct then; I am an Occlumens. I guess that is why she never caught on that I am from another dimension.

Ignoring Queenie completely, I closed the lights and passed out from exhaustion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

1- Accio is a summoning charm

2- Aguamenti is a spell that makes a jet of clean water shoot out of the witch or wizard's wand

3- Amortentia is a love potion that makes the drinker have an infatuation with the brewer