𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭. (𝐌𝐂𝐑/𝐅.𝐈𝐞𝐫𝐨 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)

╔.★. .═════════════╗

For: anonymous

Request: mcr goes ghost hunting
somewhere, and frank and the
reader are like the shaggy and
scooby doo of the group
and something really comdedic
but also fluffy fluffy fluff

╚═════════════. .★.╝

"You know what would suck? If, when you died, you found out there were ghost jobs... like, you had to work at the ghost post office."

"Or be a ghost janitor," you offered with a small gasp, tightening your grip on Frank's arm excitedly.

"Oh, that's the wooorrrsssstttt!"

"Will you two shut the hell up?" Gerard growled angrily, halting his footsteps and turning around to look at you and Frank and purposely shining the flashlight in your eyes to emphasise his irritation.

Mikey and Ray followed suit, and now you and the guitarist were at the receiving end of three incredibly annoyed glares. And... three harsh, bright lights.

"You're scaring the spirits away with your fucking babbling," Mikey scolded through clenched teeth.

You and Frank looked at each other and shared an amused scoff before turning back to the other three band members with jaded expressions.

"Uh, yeah, that's kinda the point," you chimed, arching your brows and nodding.

"Ain't nobody got time to be chased by a ghost," Frank added.

Exhaling harshly and rubbing his temples, Gerard lowered the flashlight and spoke slowly and quietly. "Just stop. We did not travel halfway across the country for this just to have you two dumbasses ruin it!"

"Alright, alright," you relented, holding out your hands to show that you were willing to comply, "No need to throw a hissy fit."

With one last shake of his head and a click of his tongue, Gerard continued leading your group through the back road towards one of the most haunted places in America, much to the chagrin of you and Frank, who had no desire at all to be anywhere near anything that had even remote ties to the supernatural.

"We didn't even wanna come with in the first place," Frank complained under his breath; you shook your head in vigorous agreement and linked your fingers with his as you both followed the guys further into the woodland expanse.

The five of you walked in eerie silence for a while, following the winding gravel path that would ultimately lead you to the spooky end destination. Gerard was leading the pack, what with him being the instigator of this entire haphazard cross-country trip.

For some reason, he, Mikey and Ray had all of a sudden developed a fastidious interest in real-life hauntings – particularly the places in which said hauntings would allegedly occur.

As mentioned, you and Frank were not at all taken by the idea of exploring haunted places in the dead of night, but somehow, you ended up on the trip anyway – a fact that the rest of the band was growing more and more upset about, since both of you wouldn't keep your mouths shut for most of the beginning of the trek.

And now, as all of you walked in silence and just when they thought that you'd finally stopped...

"AHHHHHHH!"

Mikey, Ray and Gerard did an immediate one hundred and eighty degree turn, panicked expressions on their faces as they shone their flashlights all around, trying to find the source of the apparition that was eliciting such a horrified shriek from you and Frank.

Instead of finding a ghost, they were met with the sight of you and Frank wailing your heads off and clutching one another desperately, as a family of mice scurried across the path.

"Fuck, you guys," Gerard groaned, furiously waving his arm in the air and mumbling incoherently, "Pull yourselves together and stop acting like fucking babies!"

Hoping to diffuse the tension, Ray stepped forward and made a suggestion. "Look," he started, gesturing between the group and the path ahead, "there's a fork coming up and since we don't know which one leads to the house, I think we should split up."

Frank's eyes almost bulged out of his head. "Split up? Have you never seen a horror movie? Splitting up is the worst thing you could ever do!"

"All in favour of (Y/N) and Frank splitting from the rest of us?" Mikey asked, and without a moment's hesitation, he, Gerard and Ray all raised their hands in a show of support.

Casting an offended look at the three guys, you shuffled closer to Frank and looked them up and down. "How rude."

"Okay," Frank nodded, running his tongue over his teeth before shrugging and grabbing you by the hand, "Fine. But just know," he pointed an accusatory finger at his bandmates as the two of you passed them, "if we die, that's all on you."

"I can live with that," Gerard retorted, waving and smiling happily as you diverged onto the right path.

Although the rest of the group's abrasive attitudes toward you and Frank made you want to get away from them, that all changed when you were so far on the path that you could no longer spot them in the distance.

"Frank?" you said softly, clutching onto the edge of his leather jacket.

"Yeah, princess?" he answered, clearing his throat in an attempt to mask his clear apprehension about exploring the landscape any further.

"Please tell me that my oversensitive psyche is playing tricks on me," you gulped before finishing, "and that there is not a weird, possibly evil glowing orb hovering in front of us."

Frank's gaze settled on the spot you pointed out, and the colour essentially drained from his face. "(Y/N)... I'm starting to think that we shoulda just stayed in the car and made out."

"You wanna do that now?" you asked, starting to take cautious steps backwards.

"Yes, please."

And with two loud screams, the two of you spun around on your heels and sprinted back up the path as fast as your feet could manage, until you reached the safety of the car.

As soon as you started running, Gerard, Mikey and Ray tumbled out from the shadows, laughing their asses off; they'd been the ones creating the 'evil glowing orb' with their flashlights.

"Quality entertainment, right there," Gerard quipped, wiping a stray tear from his eye.

He and Ray continued laughing up a storm, unaware that Mikey had stopped and was now looking to the left of them with a blank expression.

"Guys... what the fuck is that?!"

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x

Note: yep yep yep your girl is back with the shitty endings