𝐉𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐲. (𝐏. 𝐖𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐳 𝐱 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫)

════════════════

Note: lol I forgot I had this ready for you guys. enjoy. x

════════════════

════════════════

"I can't believe you. How could you do this?"

Scoffing in disbelief and shaking your head in disgust, you pushed yourself up from the lounger out on the patio and started for inside. As soon as you began moving, Pete jumped up and rushed to follow you.

"(Y/N), wait!" he called, picking up his pace to match your hurried stride, "Just let me-"

"No!" you snapped, eyes ablaze with anger as you whipped around and pointed a finger at him, "I'm so sick of this shit, Pete! I mean-" you chuckled bitterly, "this is the – what, fourth? – time it's happened now? And I was kind enough to forgive you the last three times but guess what? Not this time. Not anymore."

Hearing you say that, Pete's desperation to get you to stay and not storm out increased tenfold, and he looked at you imploringly as he tried to get you to see reason.

"Doll, you're overreacting-"

Those three words were what really set you off, and you exploded into a raging monster with a booming yell. "Did you really just fucking say that?! I'm overreacting?! You cheated, Pete! You fucking cheated! So, tell me how exactly my reaction is unjustified?"

Pete went dead silent. He couldn't argue with you, because you were right. He had cheated. But he felt awful about it, more awful than he'd ever felt in his life, and he couldn't let you just walk away like this.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). I'm so-"

"Oh, don't give me that shit," you scoffed, tossing a hateful look his way and narrowing your eyes, "If you were sorry – really, truly sorry – you never would have continued to do it. But you didn't, did you? You didn't, and now everyone knows. Now you have a reputation – a reputation of a cheater. Do you think that makes me happy? Hm? The fact that my husband is that kind of person? 'Cause here's a newsflash for ya – IT DOESN'T."

You started to walk off again, but Pete reached for your arm and grabbed hold of it, keeping you in place.

"(Y/N), just come back outside, alright? I'll fix it. I'll-" he trailed off, not knowing what else he could say, and knowing that he had probably already lost his chance at redemption.

With a sad expression, you slowly shook your head and pulled your arm from your husband's grasp. "It's too late to fix it, Pete. You've gone and done this too many times now. And I can't do this with you anymore."

With a hopeless expression, Pete watched you walk away, as Joe moved from where he'd been listening at the patio door to inside the living room area.

"Seriously, you guys?" he groaned, a look of bewilderment on his face, "It's just Jeopardy, for god's sake. Geez. This is the last time we invite you guys to game night."

_______________________________

Thank you for reading x