chapter four ♛ familiar tug

The ride on the First Order shuttle is tense

Sheva tries to hide her tears, her mind obviously focused on Raze, who has been left alone in Naboo. An air of inner turmoil surrounds Nikana, and she refuses to look at anything but the floor. I stare out the window as my new home grows smaller, until we shift into hyperspace.

"Where are you taking us?" Nikana utters in a surprisingly calm voice, which I know to be her leveled queen voice. I look at the back of the masked woman's head.

"It hardly matters." The robotic, modified voice replies, unmoving. We stay silent after that, knowing we won't get anything from her.

I look at nothing, alone with my thoughts again, when I start to feel something I haven't felt in six years. A connection.

"There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?" A crackling voice prophsizes, and even through the force I can feel this being's immense power.

I feel something else, too. A presence that pulls on my heart strings and reddens my cheeks. I even hear a faint heartbeat.

"Yes." A modified voice, not unlike my captor's, responds, and I momentarily stop breathing.

Then the connection is lost.

I think hard, trying to discern what I had just heard and what it means.

What disturbs me the most is that I know this is a connection through the force, and the last person I had such a connection with was lost to me.

Ben is dead. Who could this be? What does it all mean?

"We're nearing our destination, Mistress Serasana." The pilot informs the masked woman. She nods once, rising to approach us in one swift movement.

"Get up." She orders Sheva, who was collapsed on the floor, a mess. I look into the woman's mask, where her eyes should be, with challenge. Sheva scrambles to her feet with a hiccup while we stare each other down.

"Put cuffs on them. We should begin landing any second now." She tells the storm trooper who is standing guard a few paces away. Her hand clenched tightly on her large staff and she turns away, waiting for her orders to be carried out.

The stormtrooper cuffs all of us, and I am surprised that they hadn't already done this sooner, before we were even abducted. None of us struggle, understanding it would be to no avail, anyway.

The shuttle uncharacteristically shudders as it makes contact with land, or a surface, rather, as it appears we've landed on a huge ship.

We follow the woman, Serasana, off the ship, the three stormtroopers who had accompanied us onboard assuring that we will comply. I don't miss the way they hold their blasters pointed at our backs at all times, as if we were going to cause a ruckus or attempt to escape. Knowing the girls flanking me, we will do no such thing.

I look around the hangar, legions of stormtroopers marching around us, TIE fighters as well as other shuttles stilled, waiting to be flown. Men in uniforms not unlike General Hux's bark out orders, and everyone listening obeys without question. Everything is black or white, shiny, and immaculate.

It is strikingly similar to my father's descriptions of Empire strongholds.

I shiver as we move along and feel scantily clad, still adorning my thin, revealing dress from the ball where we had been taken captive. The straps are loosened from straining, making my discolored scars peek out, ugly and glaringly obvious. My heels are long forgotten, left on the floor of the ballroom. I glance to my companions. Nikana's once-spectacular red gown is in ruin due to her struggling, with rumples and rips along the hem and bodice. Sheva's short emerald dress is in a similar state, and she's missing one of her expensive golden earrings.

I hold my head high as we pass the countless soldiers and officials of the First Order, only inspecting them covertly. My bare feet squeak on the tiles with every confident step.

I sense the immense power, the tug that is almost familiar, before I see who it belongs to.

"Hale!" Sheva gasps, her eyes utterly terrified, glued to something ahead of us.

"Quiet, princess!" Serasana sneers, barely looking in our direction. The pair of us ignore her, as I finally catch sight of what has her so petrified.

I know instantly he is the source of the pull I feel. A pull to a being very strong with the Force.

The feared Kylo Ren.

He marches through the corridor with purpose, in our general direction. His large, gloved hands are clenched into fists. I decide that his mask is even more menacing in person.

Nerves strike me, and I hope that despite his intuition, he cannot sense my connection to the Force in the way that I can sense his.

I try not to watch him as he starts to pass, but my attempt is in vain, as I can't tear my gaze away from him, a man who could hold my fate in his hands just from passing me.

My heart pounds in my chest as he nears. Time moves impossibly slow as he turns his masked face in my direction. My breath hitches.

He stops short, frozen, his broad shoulders rigid, watching me as I am lead by.

I swallow and tear my eyes away, focusing my gaze on Mistress Serasana.

We are led for only a few more minutes, and let into a holding cell, together at least. The image of the feared warrior of the dark side, watching me, never leaves my mind.

"We're surely dead. They'll execute us, and soon. I don't doubt it... I'll never see Raze again!" Sheva cries hysterically. I put an arm over her shoulders to comfort her, her little form shaking as sobs overtake her.

"They won't kill us. They'll just keep us until Naboo relents and gives them the trade deal they want, which won't be hard considering I was the one who so strongly opposed it. That's why they took me in the first place." Nikana's voice is gravelly from screaming, and Sheva looks at her with tear stained cheeks. I consider her reasoning, deciding it's a viable explanation.

What I don't understand, however, is why they chose to take Sheva and I along with, when they mercilessly slaughtered the other handmaidens?

The door slides open, a trooper on the other side.

"Hale Quaye, Lord Ren has requested you to submit for questioning."

-

WE GETTING A REUNION YALL!!

how do u think lyra will react?

sorry it's been a few days, i got caught up w school and stuff but i hope y'all enjoyed this, lmk what you think :)

don't forget to vote, comment and share!

kait